ok.....as I check out the various threads, I read there are quite a few of us moving to the 9700 as our very first bb. So where, dear existing bb faithful, shall us newbies turn to for basic and more advanced overviews (after we read on 'getting started guide' and 'lecture series')....what is the best read/video/site for us newbies to learn about 1) our first sync 2) using calendar/contacts, 3) downloading apps, 4) multiple e-mail accounts, etc?

Is there consensus you can share with us newbies?
    Is this a voting question?
    10-16-09 06:45 PM
    This is a perfect device to have as your first blackberry. The touchpad revolution in Blackberry smartphones has started, and owning the 9700 as your first device is a perfect start.
    10-16-09 09:22 PM
    goos thread berry. can't wait to have it in my hands......

(in the immortal words of michael scott....that's what she said)
    10-16-09 09:38 PM
    Great thread. I have nothing to contribute so I'll just wait for more knowledgeable individuals to leave us with valuable BB info.
    10-17-09 01:48 AM
    ok.....as I check out the various threads, I read there are quite a few of us moving to the 9700 as our very first bb. So where, dear existing bb faithful, shall us newbies turn to for basic and more advanced overviews (after we read on 'getting started guide' and 'lecture series')....what is the best read/video/site for us newbies to learn about 1) our first sync 2) using calendar/contacts, 3) downloading apps, 4) multiple e-mail accounts, etc?

Is there consensus you can share with us newbies?
    Is this a voting question?
    I can't point you to a site with this kind of info, but I'm sure you can find a BB for Dummies book of some sort at your local book store or on amazon. When I first moved to a BB it was a little confusing how to find the info, but the actual apps themselves are pretty intuitive. So here's a few simple bits of info:

1) I believe the "App World" app will be pre-loaded on the 9700. This is your gateway to downloadable apps. Many are free, others are typically just a few dollars.

2) If for personal use (as opposed to integrating it with your work Outlook/Exchange server), there is an app icon for setting up email. You click it and it takes you to a BB web site for setting up any personal email addresses - it's really simple.

3) Go to the RIM web site and download the desktop manager software. This is the way you sync what's on your BB with what's on your PC. Again, it's pretty simple to use.
    10-17-09 07:15 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD