After facing problems of slow and than hang OS 6 on 9700 , because of my memory applications become zero. and trying many ways to solve it.

from deleting old message, clearing cache, deleting the groups, and wiping this and that. pulling the battery many times (which only saving for short time)
    re install the OS and many other things. but did not success.

I think I found the cause and also the solutions.

Please check your blackberry memory applications. if it is very low/ zero.
    look at Options > Device > Application Management
    Application storage
    Look at memory usage of Other.
    If it is eating BIG memory (100MB). You have same problems as I am facing.

It is the Universal search Indexing files which taking the memory soo BIG.

Try this to solve the problems. (at night before sleep)
    1. Options > Device > Search
    2. Uncheck all things not necessary to search.
    For me I uncheck : Bookmark, Browser history, calendar, Music, Videos, picture, Ring tone, Podcast, Voice notes, Youtube, message, Google local search, Google. (you can choose different from this)
    3. and then Pull the battery.
    4. and go to sleep.
    5. When you wake up at the morning, check how many free application memory you have now.
    in my case I have more than 80MB free memory.
    and then enjoy back your blackberry.

Good luck.
    08-21-12 08:59 PM
    This is an awesome trick. Thanks, I'm really starting to like this forum
    08-31-12 05:57 PM
    Boom! Awesome trick. Good job Lad.
    09-05-12 01:19 AM
    ℓ̊ ŊO work 4 ♍ε
    09-05-12 03:39 PM
    After Ȋ̊t ℓ̊ remvd M̅γ battry bt ŊO show.. Still 34mb
    09-05-12 03:41 PM
    after almost a month now. the BB back to eating my other memory (application) again.
    so it maybe something else. can somebody give me good suggestions how to solve this problems ?

I just wish RIM give options to limit the other memory usage/ limit the free memory, so our BB did not slow down.
    09-16-12 08:03 PM
    My BB's memory is always kicks to 0.0mb after an hour or two so imagine how many battery pulls I need to do everyday. I formatted my memory card and do exactly what was said above. Looking forward what will happen next morning....
    03-04-13 06:05 AM
    My girlfriend had 60mb free , it slowed down and freezed a lot !
    At a point i just deleted all the languages she did not need...

Guessss what ? 119MB FREE AFTER THE BATTERY PULL WHEN I DID THIS.
    03-04-13 06:12 AM
    So OK, an update.

After removing all 3rd party apps, do what was suggested above, my application memory turns 18mb. But then, the problem is still not resolved.
    What I did was ""Removed all languages packs except English" and now I have 53MB of space! Yey!

Cheers!!!
    03-04-13 07:39 PM
    My thought is upgrade if you can afford it,The 9360 out performs the 9700 except for the Battery and you can pick then up Cheap these days due to BB10s coming out all other devices are dropping fast...
    03-04-13 07:57 PM
    Cheers!

So OK, an update.

After removing all 3rd party apps, do what was suggested above, my application memory turns 18mb. But then, the problem is still not resolved.
    What I did was ""Removed all languages packs except English" and now I have 53MB of space! Yey!

Cheers!!!
    03-05-13 01:10 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD