Hi,

My BB is acting very sluggish and slow, it also constantly has the loading 'clock' sign flashing on the center of the screen every five seconds and the battery now lasts about 20-30mins. Does anyone know what the problem is? Could it be that I have a virus?

I'm running firmware v4.6.0.266.

I have had the problem before in the past but it tended to go away after the battery was completely diminished, however, this time everytime I recharge the BB it continues to constantly have the loading 'clock' flashing on the screen and acts really slow?

Please can anybody help?

Many Thanks
    08-08-09 04:39 PM
    this happened to me when i first got my bold...maybe your apps are still running in the background and your memory is low.. i find that doing a battery pull solves the problem for a few days... maybe if u have quickpull installed u could set it so the phone reboots otself whilst your asleep so every morning u wake up with a fresh memory
    08-08-09 05:05 PM
    i get this sometimes on .266

but ...

are you closing the apps after you finish using them ?

hold the menu button (bb logo) and see what running on the background
    08-09-09 12:03 AM
    Battery pulls and closing apps does nothing, I've now deleted all the apps off that I've installed since having the BB, but the problem still persists, and it's really pissing me off as I can barely use my BB now as it is so sluggish.
    08-09-09 10:27 AM
    please can someone help?
    08-14-09 06:14 AM
    Wipe and reinstall the OS.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-14-09 07:45 AM
    This happened to me and nothing I could think of would fix it. It was slow, it was hot to the touch and the battery life was horrible. I finally wiped it (options>security options>general settings>press menu button>wipe device). I wiped all the third party apps and themes and loaded back only what I really needed. It is back to its old self; fast operation with long battery life. Bite the bullet and go for it. It was pretty easy. I download lots of programs to try them out and I think when you delete the ones you don't want stuff gets left behind and eventually it screws up the phone.
    08-14-09 08:08 AM
    Wipe, reinstall, and go to Vodafone .282 version...best results I've ever had across the board, as I was on a version below .167, then .167, .266, .282 (East Asian), 5.0.0.100, and none comes close (except for .282 EA).
    08-14-09 11:54 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD