I was recently informed by a colleague, that there are people out there that misuse our pin and clone it! In other words, we won't be able to use our ? anymore. Is this possible? If it is I'd like to pass on this message to everyone out there reading this thread to be careful in giving out ur pin.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-09-09 07:25 AM
    Everything is possible, it is just coded in a little tiny chip.
    05-27-09 10:17 PM
    Err.... Seriously?
    05-27-09 10:28 PM
    I think it is possible. There have been reports of this happening before. Someone posted about this here before. I don't remember if it was a hacker thing or a factory accident, but one guy was receiving another guys emails because they both had the same PIN and they were on opposite sides of the world.

05-27-09 10:32 PM
    Ah... I don't want that happening! I've been giving away my pin like it's nothing! Never knew that could happen!
    05-27-09 10:35 PM
    I never give mine out on a public forum...just friends and co-workers.
    05-27-09 10:38 PM
    Lol I have been tossing my pin around like confetti! I hope this isn't really happening!

05-27-09 10:39 PM
    ^ don't worry, cloning the PIN means nothing. They would need the IMEI as well. Once those cloners get both, they also have to match it to the exact device model you're using...

05-27-09 10:54 PM
    ^ don't worry, cloning the PIN means nothing. They would need the IMEI as well. Once those cloners get both, they also have to match it to the exact device model you're using...

Phew. That's good

05-27-09 10:56 PM

that is not entirely true. in my home country, Indonesia, lots of people have problems with PIN cloning. one of my friend is able to clone somebody's else's PIN, and when I was trying to add his PIN to my BBM; a girl from canada got my request request as well.

beware not to post your pin publicly.
    05-28-09 01:01 AM
    This is entirely possible and not hard to do either.

There are a couple of programs out there that allow PIN and IMEI writing to a handset as i have used them in phone repairs in the past.

From what i am aware though the PIN and IMEI are directly relative and must match as well as the exact device model in order to have any chance of having another devices data delivered to it.

The program is a genuine RIM program that has been leaked, called 'Radio Lab Tool' and is available readily on the net so being cautious with your device details is advisable.

There is some good news for the Storm, 8220 and 8900 owners though as this software will not work with those model devices
    05-28-09 01:14 AM
    I thought the Radio Lab Tool only worked for GSM phones?
    05-28-09 01:22 AM
    I thought the Radio Lab Tool only worked for GSM phones?
    That's correct.

Will only work with GSM BlackBerry handsets that you can successfully get into service mode.
    05-28-09 01:46 AM
    how it happens? how the pin can cloning?
    02-27-13 09:06 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD