I have seen it somewhere on the internet but cant seem to relocate, but it was a great video and the track pad looked very smooth for operations. but i just spent the last 2 hours googling every combination of "blackberry/video/onyx/9020/trackpad/etc." and got nothing...

please if you find this video post it to this thread! IT DOES EXIST!
    07-16-09 03:27 AM
    or maybe I'm on crack(berry) and it was a Gemini 8530 model... :S
    07-16-09 03:53 AM
    very old news. was also on the CB homepage a little while back
    07-16-09 03:54 AM
    OP was talking about a video.

There was a clip on YouTube showcasing the 8520's trackpad in action, but the video is "no longer available due to a copyright claim by Research In Motion Limited." I'm thinking that's what you saw.
    07-17-09 03:47 AM
    I think the OP was referring to a video of the Gemini...

It was posted like 1-2 months back... Showed the optical trackpad.

I think it was crackberry who reviewed it.

The video is still available on many sites (engadget etc...)

He likes the fact that it is only finger doing the movement, but says it feels weird. He had to turn the "click" feature on so it would feel normal like the trackball.

He also showed how it will take practice getting used to. He said Brickbreaker plays like **** with a trackpad though. And though it had some quirks, it was pretty good compared with the trusted trackball.

I personally haven't had good experience with the trackpad phones already on the market. Here's hoping RIM fixes the quirks.

Though, the best tradeoff is the Magnum. Touch screen for movement and browsing, and a full qwerty Bold style keyboard for Emails, texts, documents that are text heavy.
    07-17-09 05:29 AM
    Yes Yes Yes
    08-07-09 03:05 AM
    URL Please! Maybe it got reposted?
    08-08-09 11:35 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD