Anyone else notice this with any buttons?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-18-11 08:00 PM
    My menu button was very hard to press when I got my 9900 so I exchanged it. The menu button on my phone now is easy to press but the clicky sound isn't as noticeable as the other buttons
    08-18-11 08:07 PM
    Ya its very quiet compared to the other 3. Atleast I'm not the only one I guess. I'm just to picky! Lol

08-18-11 08:12 PM
    Same here ... its a bit harder to press than the one to the right of the track pad.
    08-18-11 08:13 PM
    I found the menu to turn the trackpad click on, now I can't figure out where it is so I can turn it off. Silent running is sooooo much better than clicky, clicky, clicky. Anyone know where that sound menu is?
    08-18-11 08:54 PM
    I wish my buttons were quiet, my wife gets mad at me when I use my BB at night cuz of the clicking lol.
    08-18-11 09:17 PM
    I noticed that as well. Seems like its almost a capacitive button. Sometimes it registers the press without any kinda of tactile feedback of a click. It's no less or no more responsive than any of the other buttons.

Although, it would have been nice if they included capacitive buttons for the send menu back and end. Coming back from an android phone, I guess I didn't mind that aspect as much.
    08-18-11 09:36 PM
    Same issue with the Torch, and this is one of the things that are driving me insane, is that these menu buttons are just glued on with this piece of 1 plastic over it..
    08-18-11 10:09 PM
    Same issue with the Torch, and this is one of the things that are driving me insane, is that these menu buttons are just glued on with this piece of 1 plastic over it..
    I don't mind the click noise on my Torch. It just lets me know if I have pressed a button or not. Silence well I'd go insane because I would think, "Ok did I not type the letter "e" at all. It's just better confirmation in my opinion.
    08-18-11 10:58 PM
    I agree. It's the one area that RIM have got wrong. It's cheap and flimsy.
    08-19-11 12:25 AM
    Yes! Mine too, I didn't think I'b see a thread on this...but yeah my send and bb key are 'tough' to press in, but the right side back and End/off keys are tactile. Well it's one strip....and my cursor just move up like more than 5 times while typing this!

Wow....even though...overall badass device. Replacement coming....

08-19-11 01:18 AM
    I don't mind the click noise on my Torch. It just lets me know if I have pressed a button or not. Silence well I'd go insane because I would think, "Ok did I not type the letter "e" at all. It's just better confirmation in my opinion.
    Oh I'm not talking about the keyboard I meant the menu buttons, and also what I was trying to say was, that it doesn't make any click sound or have much tactile feedback, just feels mushy and not definative. I actually want that sound of a actual click like you said, pardon if I've confused you.

08-19-11 04:28 AM
    I know what you mean - there is a smaller "sweet spot" on the BB button than on the Return button. So, unless you press it just right, it feels hard to press and "mushy."

Oh I'm not talking about the keyboard I meant the menu buttons, and also what I was trying to say was, that it doesn't make any click sound or have much tactile feedback, just feels mushy and not definative. I actually want that sound of a actual click like you said, pardon if I've confused you.

08-19-11 08:42 AM
    Just a follow-up. I received my replacement this morning and the buttons on either side of the track-pad are perfect. Easy to click with a reasonably light pressure. When I picked up my desktop charging pod at the local VZW store last night, they had a 9930 on display, and those buttons too seemed perfect. So I am a satisfied customer!
    08-20-11 09:42 AM
    All four buttons feel approximately the same to me. The menu might be ever so slightly less though.
    08-20-11 03:59 PM
    Ive got the same issue and im going back to the shop tomorrow
    08-20-11 04:15 PM
    Mines doing it too. REALLY annoying!!
    A replacement should be here by Wednesday!
    Everything else is great except those buttons to the left of the trackpad. Sometimes I even have to press em twice.
    I hope and pray the new device has that fixed. My otterbox should also be here Wednesday so Im super excited.
    08-20-11 08:41 PM
    Count me as an other with a mushy menu key. Ordered my 9930 online from Verizon and got it Thursday.

One tidbit -- it was much worse, but I pushed the plastic into the phone a bit (it seemed to be not fully pushed in) and the tactile feedback was a bit better.

But I'll drop by the Verizon store this week and check out other 9930's. For $250, will definitely exchange if others feel right and this one feels too mushy.
    08-20-11 11:46 PM
    Count me as an other with a mushy menu key. Ordered my 9930 online from Verizon and got it Thursday.

One tidbit -- it was much worse, but I pushed the plastic into the phone a bit (it seemed to be not fully pushed in) and the tactile feedback was a bit better. But I'll drop by the Verizon store this week and check out other 9930's. For $250, will definitely exchange if others feel right and this one feels too mushy.
    Yep I have this too....jammed in the Menu/bb key a bit and it improved by chance!

08-21-11 04:08 AM
    Yep I have this too....jammed in the Menu/bb key a bit and it improved by chance!

I just did the same thing now pushed it in and its the same as the other keys now ! Thanks for the tip
    08-21-11 10:45 AM
    Stopped by the Sprint Store to check out their 9930. The menu key on that unit was exactly the same as the others, and worked perfectly. Same tactile feedback, same amount of press, no complaints. I pressed in my key already, and it still feels a little off.

Sounds like Verizon only ships refurb units via online replacement, and guess what? Out of Stock of refurb 9930's. Duh. So I'll have to test my luck with getting one replaced at a store. I have a feeling the store clerk will look at me like a nut. Ok, so I'm anal-retentive. So what? I want a new one.
    08-23-11 08:41 PM
    You won't get a refurb within 14 days. You should receive a brand new one in a sealed box.

Stopped by the Sprint Store to check out their 9930. The menu key on that unit was exactly the same as the others, and worked perfectly. Same tactile feedback, same amount of press, no complaints. I pressed in my key already, and it still feels a little off.

Sounds like Verizon only ships refurb units via online replacement, and guess what? Out of Stock of refurb 9930's. Duh. So I'll have to test my luck with getting one replaced at a store. I have a feeling the store clerk will look at me like a nut. Ok, so I'm anal-retentive. So what? I want a new one.
    08-23-11 09:50 PM
    PaulM-D:

Did you have to pay the Verizon $35 restocking fee to exchange to another unit?
    08-25-11 02:26 AM
    Yeah mine's not as clicky I guess. I am not sure they are all suppose to be equally clicky. Lol.

08-25-11 02:52 AM
    I have a mushy menu key too. Not sure if I should take it back or not. My trackpad also feels a bit mushy.

08-25-11 03:19 AM
26 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD