[QUOTE=Blacklac;2743988]Wipe your phone. Remove "vendor" file, load OS. BBMaps will be there, Icon and all.

It will be gone whenever service books get resent.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com[/QUOTE

Thanks for helping to clarify Blacklac. I assure everyone once these steps are taken, the
    Blackberry Maps icon IS there and it works perfectly (just not as perfectly as Google Maps).]

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-06-09 08:02 AM
    That's the hole they sealed up a couple of months ago. It's not as easy as changing the theme anymore.
    Not true. I am using the Titanium Crossbar Plus theme, and I use BB Maps all the time. Just tried it and it works fine.
    06-06-09 08:59 AM
    Not true. I am using the Titanium Crossbar Plus theme, and I use BB Maps all the time. Just tried it and it works fine.
    You can see the icon?
    06-06-09 02:53 PM
    You can see the icon?
    Yep. It's on my home page. I use it all the time.

06-06-09 07:02 PM
    I Just Wiped the Phone, Going to Reload the OS and See if that fixes a couple problems...Biggest being that this phone wont send a Text to my Wife's Phone...According to AT&T's Tech support, A Reload on the OS will fix the issue...So We'll see...

I'll Try removing the Vendor File, and I'll get back with ya'll on it
    Nate
    06-08-09 10:41 PM
    Nope~ Even after a complete wipe and removing the Vendor file...It still wont install...Guess AT&T is just to stingy with their TeleNav crap to let BB Maps work on the Bold...
    06-08-09 11:19 PM
    So, if switching Themes, And trying the install from the memory card doesn't work...
    What about downgrading to an older OS, installing the maps Then upgrading to the latest OS...Would that work, or is there any other way to put
    The maps on my Bold through ATT?

06-10-09 09:20 AM
    What's that sound? A Mod's head exploding from the millionth time this question was asked...this morning there were 2 identical questions one on top of the other!
    06-10-09 09:59 AM
    What's that sound? A Mod's head exploding from the millionth time this question was asked...this morning there were 2 identical questions one on top of the other!
    Yuppers, and This thread is older...I win

06-10-09 02:27 PM
    You are absolutely right! Telenav is an expensive piece of junk. Very slow, hangs at the middle of navigation and crashed my Storm several times.

I bought it for $99.99 from BB App World. After paid for it, they said it's just for one year subscription. I asked for refund but they refiued.
    It would be a nice program IF...LOL

06-10-09 02:28 PM
    Okay the scoop is that BBMaps are considered a "feature" and can be added to
    Your phones for 10 bucks a month...Somehow, but that doesn't seem entirely correct
    So I'm going to double check with the Buisness care people and see what the real
    Story is...

06-11-09 10:17 AM
36 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD