Dear All

i will buy a 9000. There is a question for me. i want use it to access my company mail.
    i plan to use VPN first to access the company internal network. Then i am not sure whether i can use mail tool of BB to access my MS exchange server.

Could some experts help me? thank you.
    07-21-09 04:35 AM
    If you need to VPN before you can access internal mail then no, a BIS solution won't work.

There are various third-party products that might do what you need, Logicmail is all that comes to mind actually

If your company has a BES (Blackberry Enterprise Server) you can ask nicely if they'll activate you on it, but you'll be at the mercy of your IT department.
    07-21-09 04:55 AM
    Thank you.
    My situation is to access the company mail must use cisco VPN.
    I want to know without using BIS or BES whether cisco VPN works and the company mail can be accessed via mail tools.
    07-21-09 06:40 AM
    What do you mean mail tools. you need some sort of data plan (WiFi, carrier, BIS, or BES) to access ANY network on the BlackBerry. BES is if your company has a BlackBerry server. BIS is if you just sign up through a data plan that gets you BB email from your carrier. carrier data plan is just WAP access. WiFi does not need a plan.
    07-21-09 07:18 AM
    maybe i do not describe it clear. My questions are

1. Whether it is possible using BB via cisco VPN (by WiFi or GPRS) connect to my company internal network like my notebook?
    2. After connected to internal network, whether it is possible using BB with the same function like outlook in my notebook to access MS Exchange Server without BES or other special service?

thank you
    07-21-09 09:59 AM
    You would need to use a BES server to accomplish that.
    07-21-09 12:58 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD