I lost my blackberry desktop manager software.
    I installed the bb modem driver software to add to the desktop manager. the modem software caused the desktop manager to crash. I uninstall both the modem driver & desktop manager for the bold
    I even reboot PC twice
    I reinstall the bb desktop manager and it detected the bold on USB port successfully. however, it didn't create desktop short cut or folder in program files C drive.

I did a search on desktop manager in on my vista ultimate window. there was no desktop manager I checked window add/remove software which shows desktop manager installed on my PC.

Where the heck is my desktop manager?
    Does anyone have similar problem?
    09-11-08 09:22 PM
    I lost my blackberry desktop manager software.
    I installed the bb modem driver software to add to the desktop manager. the modem software caused the desktop manager to crash. I uninstall both the modem driver & desktop manager for the bold
    I even reboot PC twice
    I reinstall the bb desktop manager and it detected the bold on USB port successfully. however, it didn't create desktop short cut or folder in program files C drive.

I did a search on desktop manager in on my vista ultimate window. there was no desktop manager I checked window add/remove software which shows desktop manager installed on my PC.

Where the heck is my desktop manager?
    Does anyone have similar problem?
    Hi...

With Vista, you will need elevated privileges to start and complete the install. Are you sure your installing as an admin?

H.
    09-11-08 09:33 PM
    Hi...

With Vista, you will need elevated privileges to start and complete the install. Are you sure your installing as an admin?

H.
    yes. I have been installing it as admin. I notice the blackberry file is located under the users folder instead of program files folder.
    What is going on here?

I am going to reformat HD re-install vista again. the registry is badly corrupted.
    Last edited by sito; 09-12-08 at 07:43 AM.
    09-12-08 02:17 AM
    Make sure you clean un-install Desktop Manager. Click on the following link:

Perform a clean uninstall of BlackBerry Desktop Software

This will ensure all registry and trash folders are deleted.

Yes, when you install modem & usb drivers after DTM, it will delete it. It is another ******** attribute of DTM. The usb & modem drivers msi package searches for previous installs and deletes them. It happened to me. So you are not alone.

A work around. If you need the USB drivers, extract them out of C:\Windows\System32\Drivers and find the folder which contain RIMUsb.sys and RIMUsb.inf and copy it out onto desktop.

As with corrupt registry entries, blame M$. I hate the registry. It's one of those things that will just corrupt overtime...just like if humans lived long enough, we'd all die from cancer...except in M$'s case, we'd die by the age of 20..
    09-12-08 12:55 PM
    Make sure you clean un-install Desktop Manager. Click on the following link:

Perform a clean uninstall of BlackBerry Desktop Software

This will ensure all registry and trash folders are deleted.

Yes, when you install modem & usb drivers after DTM, it will delete it. It is another ******** attribute of DTM. The usb & modem drivers msi package searches for previous installs and deletes them. It happened to me. So you are not alone.

A work around. If you need the USB drivers, extract them out of C:\Windows\System32\Drivers and find the folder which contain RIMUsb.sys and RIMUsb.inf and copy it out onto desktop.

As with corrupt registry entries, blame M$. I hate the registry. It's one of those things that will just corrupt overtime...just like if humans lived long enough, we'd all die from cancer...except in M$'s case, we'd die by the age of 20..

thankyou for your help.
    09-12-08 01:19 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD