I bought myself a BB Bold 9700 about 10 days ago and it is the greatest phone I've ever used. After about a week of having it my wife wanted the Bold 9700 White for her self. So I went out and bought the 9700 White for her 2 days ago, only problem is the BB Data hasnt activated yet, I called tmobile 3 times and they say wait up to 48 hrs, well that's passed and still no data.

Out of curiosity I took my sim car out of my BB and put it in her BB and automatically her phone had DATA and her sim in my phone still had no DATA, so that leads me to believe it's not the phone but the sim/service.

Any idea on what may be going on?
    05-30-10 11:06 PM
    Yep I'd call them back. I've never heard of it taking 48 hours before unless that's a tmobile thing.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-30-10 11:29 PM
    I have t-mobile and through 12 BB's between my wife and I, our data has always been on almost instantly. If I was in your shoes I would def. ask them to try a replacement sim card, which they should do for free, only other thing I could think of is whomever activated the data on her line did not provision it correctly, which just means any rep should be able to re-provision the line and re-send all the service books. Hope you get it figured out as that has to be frustrating.

05-30-10 11:35 PM
    I'd seriously call tmo back up, if they give you any trouble ask for a supervisor. Its possible that the rep had forgot to add the dataplan on activation and that's why it hasn't work yet.

My wife/partners dataplan was up within 2-4 hours of activation.

05-31-10 12:15 AM
    I just went to pick up the phone to call Tmobile again and it is finally active. It took too long in my opinion, my wife was getting pretty frustrated All is good now
    05-31-10 12:25 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD