I installed an 8GB Sandisk SDHD card in my Bold. The Bold doesn't recognized the additional memory and it won't format the card.

In MS Windows I can see and format the memory card. Using Roxio on Desktop Manager, I can load files onto the memory card and onto device memory. However, I am unable to find the files loaded onto the memory card, which the device doesnt recognize.

Questions:

1. why is the Bold not recognizing the memory card?
    2. if I can see the memory card and move files to it from MS Window, why can't I see the files on the BB?

I'm very green to the BB world. Thanks for you help. Doug
    01-03-09 12:03 AM
    try this method. go to options, then media card and then while you are in that screen, press the blackberry button to the left of the trackball and you should see the option "Format Card". highlight that option and continue from there....it took care of my issue and i believe it will do the same to yours as well.
    01-03-09 12:07 AM
    Thanks, but when I do as you suggested, I get a message that the media card failed to format.
    01-03-09 12:18 AM
    have you upgraded to the 4.5 OS version? it is known that previous versions do not support the MicroSDHC cards like the 4.5. if you need to upgrade head over to BlackBerry and download the latest version.
    01-03-09 12:23 AM
    I've only had the Bold for a couple of days. How do I check the OS version I am using. Sorry to ask such basic questions.
    01-03-09 12:28 AM
    in advanced option under applications, it states that I have OS version 4.6
    01-03-09 12:36 AM
    In an ATT Forum, I found an action that worked for me. Hopefully, it can work for someone else too.

With the memory card in the BB Bold, I turned off the phone and pulled the battery out and then placed the battery back in the phone. I then powered the phone up and it was recognizing my 8GB media card. YIPPEE!
    01-03-09 01:39 PM
    ipos, I had the same problem as happydawg(except I had a 2gig card). I followed your instructions and it worked perfect. It formatted the card. But later I had to remove the card for some reason and then my Bold will no longer format the card. In other words when I put the card back in a 2nd time, it said it should be formatted so I tried to format again and now no matter what it fails the format. I have removed the battery, etc and tried every configuration I can think of. I also put the sandisk in my pc and the pc sees it just fine and I also did a format on the sandisk on my pc just fine but the Bold thinks the sandisk needs to be formatted again but will not do it...Ideas ?
    02-26-09 05:40 PM
    have you upgraded to the 4.5 OS version? it is known that previous versions do not support the MicroSDHC cards like the 4.5. if you need to upgrade head over to BlackBerry and download the latest version.
    ipos ... 4.5 OS? Not on a Bold.

Bold OS is 4.6.0.XXX. Are you thinking about something else?
    02-26-09 11:57 PM
    I have a Blackberry Bold 9700 and it just flat out doesn't think it has a memory card in it when it does. I've tried all sorts of things, like pulling the battery and stuff and it just won't recognize it. When I plug the phone into Blackberry Desktop Manager, It shows me what should be on the card but when I try to sync it, it is "unable to locate the card." I've put the card into other people's phones and the other phones can read it perfectly. I don't get it.
    08-30-10 07:45 PM
    I have a Blackberry Bold 9700 and it just flat out doesn't think it has a memory card in it when it does. I've tried all sorts of things, like pulling the battery and stuff and it just won't recognize it. When I plug the phone into Blackberry Desktop Manager, It shows me what should be on the card but when I try to sync it, it is "unable to locate the card." I've put the card into other people's phones and the other phones can read it perfectly. I don't get it.
    Try wiping your BB and see if that fixes the problem. Make sure you back everything up before you do that. If it's still not being read, then try to exchange it for a new one if it's still under warranty (maybe the card reader is malfunctioning or something)
    08-31-10 02:14 AM
    I'm new to the BB as well, but my Bold is now running 5.0 OS, and it recognises the 8GB card no problem, so maybe upgrading could solve your issues?

Hope this helps.

Shaun.
    08-31-10 02:15 AM
    try this method. go to options, then media card and then while you are in that screen, press the blackberry button to the left of the trackball and you should see the option "Format Card". highlight that option and continue from there....it took care of my issue and i believe it will do the same to yours as well.
    i dont see a "format" option in my media...wat happen?
    11-20-11 01:27 AM
    Most off. OS has problems with memory more then 2GB specially the 4.xx os.
    Try this OS best stable and fine app memory also I use 32GB memory with it.
    http://forums.crackberry.com/hybrid-...-fixes-662669/
    Best OS for your Bold. Sorry to say it but it is.
    Read the users comments.

Enjoy DelftEo

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Last edited by delfteo; 11-20-11 at 11:43 AM.
    11-20-11 11:39 AM
    I am very new to smart, or least a smarter phone as I have inherited my wife's BB Bold 9700, when my faithful Samsung flip phone of five years finally gave up the ghost, Monday.
    The phone has a 2GB sandisk micro which it has steadfastly refused to recognize.
    There is no memory listed in the drop down menu in the options area. So I am suspecting the memory is at fault.
    but I would like to know for sure/. The memory is seated in a slot under the BOLD on the case.
    Thanks for time
    Paul
    04-06-13 03:07 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD