Hello again

We operate our own voip network and I would like to know if there is an SIP application for the blackberry bold that we can use?
    10-08-09 09:53 AM
    Am wondering the same thing, as far as I know skype *was/is* the only thing that was in the works?? Definitely could be wrong on this
    10-08-09 10:31 AM
    We need to be able to setup our own SIP account (proxy, user, pass)
    10-08-09 10:37 AM
    VOIP is not available on blackberry. This has been a fight between providers and Skype and Google (talk) to open up this ability. The matter concerns allowing competition for services on a carrier.

In the US this week, it was announced that ATT was going to open the iPhone for VOIP. This is yet to be seen.

At present Skype uses service through phone minutes not Internet data minutes
    10-08-09 11:22 AM
    thought you can use vonage now on the BB.
    10-08-09 01:22 PM
    thought you can use vonage now on the BB.
    NO! you use local phone call minutes ... not data minutes
    This is only worthwhile if you are using it for some international calls
    10-08-09 06:42 PM
    Try Vopium. I use it to call Iraq, and other middle east countries. My 10 minutes calls to a cell phone in Baghdad have been costing me around a dollar and a half, US.
    Vopium

I believe its in appworld as well
    10-09-09 06:43 AM
    It seems everyone is wanting/needing a SIP/Voip app for the BB and it is here!

I am proud to announce the release of myKryptofon on the BlackBerry Bold 9000 and Bold 9700 platform this past week.

www(dot)myKryptofon(dot)com has a full (not demo/beta) version of the app for free for a 14 day trial.

This app is more than just a full blown Voip/SIP app - It is a voice, chat, and file transfer app ALL with full 256bit encryption! When you download the app, a SIP account is created for you. Don't want to use our SIP account, no problem, enter your own account info and and use your own SIP account.

This program is NOT in a demo/beta state. It is in production mode and available for a free 14 day trial. After the 14 days, the encryption app is available for less than $1 per day with a month to month agreement. Unlike other encrypted apps out there, this one does not require long contracts or massive amounts of $$$.

Of course, to use the all the encrypted feature, both parties are have to have the app.

Blackberry does a good job of encrypting your data, but not your voice!

Here are some hard product specs...

Compatible on any global GSM carrier
    Cellular GSM or WiFi capable
    AES 256 bit encryption
    NSA Suite ‘B’ compatible authentication
    Malware protection from rogue capture of the microphone
    Encryption key rotation technology
    Time activated encryption keys
    Voice, chat and file transfer
    Interoperability with our Windows Mobile and Windows product on GSM, CDMA, WiFi, Satellite BGAN, and Ethernet networks.

thanks

Brian
    06-24-10 10:53 PM
    Brian, this is an interesting deal,
    Your website says "who can I talk to? You need someone to call and chat with who also has myKryptofon"

That means for @USD$30/mo or $USD260/yr two or more guys gotta have your program on an Internet device. And, it does not seem to connect with landlines or cell phone lines. Someone who does not have your program can not call you .. like skype-in.

I suppose this is a good program an international company who has workers out of country...but then again, maybe they got the bucks to pay for it. BUT...not for ordinary folk!
    Last edited by mandony; 06-25-10 at 04:20 PM.
    06-25-10 10:15 AM
    Mandony,

Thank you for your reply.

Addressing your questions...

That means for @USD$30/mo or $USD260/yr

First, the program WITH full encryption is based on $30/mo or a one time payment of $260. This is a not a year to year deal. It is a one time purchase.

two or more guys gotta have your program on an Internet device. And, it does not seem to connect with landlines or cell phone lines.

YES - in order to be secure and encrypted both parties must have the software and it does not connect to landlines, again, as you have to have the app. The nice thing is that this app works cross platform (BlackBerry to WM to PC) and cross carrier (ATT to VW to etc.)

Someone who does not have your program can not call you .. like skype-in.

This is true if you are using the SIP address provided to you by us. If you have your own SIP/VOIP account (Gizmo5 or etc..) Then you input your account info and make calls to wherever you want. The unsecure SIP/VOIP side of the phone is open to all true SIP accounts. Will the secure modes with with your SIP account, not sure. We have tested and approved 4 SIP providers that work with our service. If you have an account with them, your all set then.

I suppose this is a good program an international company who has workers out of country...but then again, maybe they got the bucks to pay for it.

Yes, your correct. That is a great example of when this app could be used. And yes, we are aware that probably only 1% of all BB users need this level of encryption (even if more should) - But even if you are not interested in the full security of the program, what lies beneath is a TRUE SIP/VOIP phone which the Blackberry world has been screaming for!

I encouage you to download the app and give it a try. Both with our SIP address we provide (so you can see/use all the encryption) and then with any other one you have to make PSTN calls.

Thanks for your thoughts.

Brian
    06-25-10 12:49 PM
    Just download BlackVoib for free (A BlackBerry SIP client not tied to any service) and use it until Sept 15.

Just follow the link
    BlackVoib is a SIP client for BlackBerries
    06-26-10 10:26 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD