Hey Everyone, I got my hands on a Rogers Bold-

But, I haven't set it up yet.

What Plan works on the Bold on AT&T's system? The Normal BB Plan?

I dont care that 3G doesn't work- so long as edge and wifi works-

Will the PIN get disabled since it'll be on AT&T's network?

Will the Phone be compromised in any way, besides 3G, or will that still work to? (Besides the already mentions 3G connectivity issues)

Thanks for the input!
    08-28-08 03:05 PM
    I would assume that since this a device which is now an official release, the PIN and all plans will work as they would with any other Blackberry.
    08-28-08 03:09 PM
    Everything should work, 3G (apparently is working better than expected when running a Rogers bold), pin messaging, etc. Your pin shouldn't be disabled. Rim only locked pins of pre-release devices. You purchased yours legally from a carrier. There's no law against unlocking a phone.
    08-28-08 03:29 PM
    So Just apply a "Normal" ATT Blackberry plan, and it should be all good?

No Overages for data etc?
    09-05-08 01:15 PM
    Yes, the standard data plan should be fine. Your bold should function as any other unlocked gsm device.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-05-08 01:17 PM
    I was using AT&T 3G network just last weekend when i went to Niagara Falls, so you sould be able to use it as well.
    09-05-08 01:20 PM
    ::Calls AT&T::

Thanks SO Much Guys!

<3's Jenay
    09-05-08 01:36 PM
    ::Calls AT&T::

Thanks SO Much Guys!

<3's Jenay
    Lol. You're welcome.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-05-08 01:50 PM
    I was also in Niagara Falls couple of weeks ago, was on the Rogers 3G network and then I roamed on the ATT 3G network. No issues, no problems. I was using firmware 4.6.0.112
    09-05-08 02:18 PM
    Everything works perfectly! Picked up a blackberry bold from Hong Kong CSL and just activated everything with AT&T this morning. Running on 3G, e-mails and bbm all fired up!
    09-05-08 03:44 PM
    I am using the Rogers unlocked on AT&T and everything works great. Not had a single drop of 3G.
    09-05-08 04:12 PM
    Hey. I'm looking to buy an unlocked bold for AT&T, too. You mentioned something about a Blackberry plan. Right now I have a standard family plan and the 200 texting plan for my LG Shine. My uncle gave me his old blackberry and it worked fine with my sim card and existing plans, but I think I broke it and don't want to get a curve with a bold coming out eventually.

If I get an unlocked Bold will it work with my plan or do I need to upgrade it in order to use the Bold? I know in order to use the internet (non wi-fi) it will cost me, but for normal phone calls and texting it should work until I upgrade, correct?
    09-05-08 05:03 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD