07-05-09 07:51 AM
34 12
tools
    Thank you for your help. I think it is something on their end, it seems everything on my end is set up properly. I will contact AT&T.
    good deal. if you can't get a hold of them you can always try to resend your service books by going to Options -> Advanced Options -> Host Routing table then hit the BB button and Register Now. Sometimes this doesn't work until you push it from the BIS, but sometimes it does. Good luck.
    07-03-09 09:35 PM
    I took the BlackBerry into the AT&T store today. The sales guy looked at it and said "It's broken. Take it back to Best Buy and come buy one of ours, theirs are refurbished anyway."

Didn't even send it to the tech desk.

I did take it back to Best Buy, where the guy showed me the packing slips directly from BlackBerry that said NEW EQUIPMENT (not that I was doubting it wasn't, it doesn't have the REFURB sticker they are supposed to under the battery when they are refurbished). He also spent 45 minutes on the phone with BlackBerry to fix it. It seems that my device had a bad outgoing server that BlackBerry had to fix on their end. It's working just fine now ... except for a problem with my home network, but it's connecting wifi on other networks, so it's something with my router. I'm about to post in the wifi section on that. Best Buy couldn't help me with it.
    07-04-09 04:39 PM
    I took the BlackBerry into the AT&T store today. The sales guy looked at it and said "It's broken. Take it back to Best Buy and come buy one of ours, theirs are refurbished anyway."

Didn't even send it to the tech desk.

I did take it back to Best Buy, where the guy showed me the packing slips directly from BlackBerry that said NEW EQUIPMENT (not that I was doubting it wasn't, it doesn't have the REFURB sticker they are supposed to under the battery when they are refurbished). He also spent 45 minutes on the phone with BlackBerry to fix it. It seems that my device had a bad outgoing server that BlackBerry had to fix on their end. It's working just fine now ... except for a problem with my home network, but it's connecting wifi on other networks, so it's something with my router. I'm about to post in the wifi section on that. Best Buy couldn't help me with it.
    All they did was send service books.
    07-04-09 04:46 PM
    Im glad you are making progress.
    07-04-09 05:19 PM
    Ok. I've been a lurker in the forums long enough. Just my quick 2 cents about your router problem..

I think you mentioned that your router is an N+ router. I don't think blackberry wifi can get on with the N+ standard. I think they can only connect using the 802.11a/b/g standard. Could this be the problem?
    07-04-09 07:22 PM
    Ok. I've been a lurker in the forums long enough. Just my quick 2 cents about your router problem..

I think you mentioned that your router is an N+ router. I don't think blackberry wifi can get on with the N+ standard. I think they can only connect using the 802.11a/b/g standard. Could this be the problem?
    Yep. Someone mentioned they thought that was an issue, so I tore apart my network and stepped it down to WEP (was WPA2 when I started) and mixed b/g only and now it works.

I recently replaced the router with a Linksys Ultra Extreme Range N router when my old Linksys G router stopped working. I didn't have a problem with my OS Tiger laptop, so I didn't think the newer BlackBerry would have an issue with the N.

But evidently it was a mixture of that and my security settings.
    07-04-09 07:39 PM
    Awesome! Glad you got it going..
    07-04-09 08:45 PM
    YIPPPPPEE Glad all your problems are fixed
    07-05-09 06:23 AM
    i love this forum

i learned so much things
    07-05-09 07:51 AM
34 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD