I just got mine today -- upgraded from a 1st generation iPhone. Pretty happy so far except for two things ...

1. My BB e-mail will receive e-mail, but not send.

and

2. It will not connect to my wireless router (brand new Linksys N Extreme Range configured for WEP security - which is set to a max of 50 users), but the router thing is probably the router since I couldn't get the iPhone to connect to it either ... but my laptop (MacBook) will.

Since tomorrow is a holiday, so the AT&T store won't be open to question this stuff ... does anyone know what's up?
    07-03-09 08:28 PM
    I just got mine today -- upgraded from a 1st generation iPhone. Pretty happy so far except for two things ...

1. My BB e-mail will receive e-mail, but not send.

and

2. It will not connect to my wireless router (brand new Linksys N Extreme Range configured for WEP security - which is set to a max of 50 users), but the router thing is probably the router since I couldn't get the iPhone to connect to it either ... but my laptop (MacBook) will.

Since tomorrow is a holiday, so the AT&T store won't be open to question this stuff ... does anyone know what's up?
    Login to BIS and resend your service books.

BlackBerry Internet Service

And if you haven't created a BIS account, you can create it using that link I
    provided as well.
    07-03-09 08:30 PM
    Login to BIS and resend your service books.

And if you haven't created a BIS account, you can create it using that link I
    provided as well.
    Thank you very much.

I tried it, and when I enter my PIN and IMEI, it says I am unable to connect using html, use my device?
    But I can't use the device to connect yet.
    07-03-09 08:35 PM
    Did you try to set up BIS from your Bold? Go to your setup folder and click on Personal Email Setup.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-03-09 08:39 PM
    Thank you very much.

I tried it, and when I enter my PIN and IMEI, it says I am unable to connect using html, use my device?
    But I can't use the device to connect yet.
    Do you have the small Blackberry logo next to the 3G on your homescreen?
    07-03-09 08:40 PM
    Did you try to set up BIS from your Bold? Go to your setup folder and click on Personal Email Setup.

Yes. I set all that up and created a BB e-mail when I got it. It's the BB e-mail that it is receiving, but not sending.
    07-03-09 08:43 PM
    Do you have the small Blackberry logo next to the 3G on your homescreen?
    Yes. There is a small BlackBerry logo next to the 3G on my homescreen.
    07-03-09 08:44 PM
    Yes. I set all that up and created a BB e-mail when I got it. It's the BB e-mail that it is receiving, but not sending.
    Use that same username and password you made when you created it on
    your phone. You need to login and send service books for the accounts you created.
    07-03-09 08:46 PM
    Use that same username and password you made when you created it on
    your phone. You need to login and send service books for the accounts you created.
    It says invalid username or password, even though I double and triple checked it with my device.

I have a feeling I'm going to be at the AT&T store on Sunday ...
    07-03-09 08:50 PM
    It says invalid username or password, even though I double and triple checked it with my device.

I have a feeling I'm going to be at the AT&T store on Sunday ...
    Try to do it by logging in with the device.
    07-03-09 08:51 PM
    You can also call AT&T tonite till 11 PST. But Forever29 is directing you correctly
    07-03-09 08:58 PM
    Try to do it by logging in with the device.
    Hmm. It's not connecting to the internet. Keeps saying "You can not access this site in this manner."
    07-03-09 09:00 PM
    Melrayne if you call AT&T ask for Tier Two Blackberry support team
    07-03-09 09:02 PM
    Hmm. It's not connecting to the internet. Keeps saying "You can not access this site in this manner."
    If it's not letting you login from your PC, then call ATT CS and have them send you directly to tech support. And just ask them to reset your username and password.

07-03-09 09:02 PM
    You can also call AT&T tonite till 11 PST. But Forever29 is directing you correctly
    Melrayne if you call AT&T ask for Tier Two Blackberry support team
    Thank you very much for your help -- I may end up doing that. I got a BlackBerry Pearl on the Sprint network when they first came out and got very frustrated when that would not work in New York City for some reason (I live in Michigan), and instead of dealing with it, I took it back and switched it out for another brand of phone. I'm pretty determined to figure it out this time.
    07-03-09 09:04 PM
    R u able to access the internet at all using ur bb browser?

07-03-09 09:04 PM
    If it's not letting you login from your PC, then call ATT CS and have them send you directly to tech support. And just ask them to reset your username and password.

I will do that. Does anyone have the number for AT&T? My line is an additional line off my parents account. I have another phone, through Sprint, so I can call off that one.
    07-03-09 09:07 PM
    R u able to access the internet at all using ur bb browser?

Nope, it will not connect.
    07-03-09 09:07 PM
    1 800 331 0500

07-03-09 09:13 PM
    What's ur browser setting like?

Open ur browser - click the bb button (menu) - go to options -
    In the browser configurations option and the general properties make sure the browser is set to internet explorer.

See if that will let u connect to the internet.

07-03-09 09:14 PM
    I will do that. Does anyone have the number for AT&T? My line is an additional line off my parents account. I have another phone, through Sprint, so I can call off that one.
    By Phone
    Customer Service
    1-800-331-0500 or 611 from your wireless phone
    Hearing Impaired
    1-866-241-6567(TTY)
    07-03-09 09:15 PM
    1 866 901 9144
    07-03-09 09:16 PM
    What's ur browser setting like?

Open ur browser - click the bb button (menu) - go to options -
    In the browser configurations option and the general properties make sure the browser is set to internet explorer.

See if that will let u connect to the internet.

It is set to "internet browser"
    07-03-09 09:23 PM
    Hmmm...in that case call the at&t or visit the store. It might be that ur BIS is not properly set up on their end.

07-03-09 09:26 PM
    Hmmm...in that case call the at&t or visit the store. It might be that ur BIS is not properly set up on their end.

Thank you for your help. I think it is something on their end, it seems everything on my end is set up properly. I will contact AT&T.
    07-03-09 09:28 PM
34 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD