came home this eve, battery was low, plugged it in and it was charging but then i took out the battery and put the sim that was in the bb in another phone, now it wont charge, the led light is not coming on when i plug it in and i'm using a wall charger. I see where this is a problem for others. can it be fixed or do i have to get a new phone?
    08-14-09 10:58 PM
    my red light doens't come on either, but my phone charges. i assumed that was normal.

i see a lightning bolt on the battery indicator though, and it charges fine.

do you get the lightning bolt?
    08-15-09 12:34 AM
    I also don't get led light on when charging. When i connect my bold to the charger, it simply goes to the bedside mode and it charges. And yeah just check the lightning bolt sign on the battery indicator. If its shows then its charging.
    08-15-09 06:29 AM
    My red lght only comes on after a battery pull. It does not light up while charging.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-15-09 07:59 AM
    I believe its normal. No led lights while charging. And just as others said, check the batt icon, should have a bolt sign when charging.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-15-09 12:32 PM
    I think he means that the phone isn't starting. If I'm correct, a similar situation happened to me a few weeks back. I just let it sit on the charger for a bit, came back, pulled the battery, and it started back up.
    08-15-09 01:04 PM
    Yeah, he's noting that the light doesn't come on during a charge when the phone is off. I believe that the LED lights when the phone is powered off, and you're charging, but not when it's on. (not confirmed)

If the post above mine doesn't work, cross your fingers that you have a warranty on it.
    Last edited by joemecu; 08-15-09 at 02:01 PM.
    08-15-09 01:42 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD