I have a 09 Mercedes C300 and I've been able to sync my Bold and transfer the address book with no problem. My issue is that when I dial a number from the address book the car attemps to dial the number and then it looks like it hangs up and the music comes back on. Then 20 seconds later it starts dialing for real but the car display shows unknown number. I had a BB 8830 when I first bought the car and never had that issue. This has started happening ever since I changed to a Bold. Anyone else have this issue and a fix?
    06-03-09 02:32 PM
    I think your problem is that you drive a Mercedes.

Kiddin' (kinda)

All I can say is try a new OS and/or battery pull. If not, it's your car.
    06-03-09 03:35 PM
    I have a 09 Mercedes C300 and I've been able to sync my Bold and transfer the address book with no problem. My issue is that when I dial a number from the address book the car attemps to dial the number and then it looks like it hangs up and the music comes back on. Then 20 seconds later it starts dialing for real but the car display shows unknown number. I had a BB 8830 when I first bought the car and never had that issue. This has started happening ever since I changed to a Bold. Anyone else have this issue and a fix?
    my dadd had a problem similar to this..just take your car to the service center and they should be able to fix it..maybe the 8830 settings carried over
    06-03-09 03:48 PM
    I had the same problem where I paired my storm but couldn't transfer the contact list. Now I finally figured it out.

Here is what you do to move address book to the Mercedes c300

on the screen, go to phones, select your phone and accept (or auto-accept) connection to phone. Then go to the menu and select "receive business cards"

press it once and the car will wait for business cards. now go to your phone, go to manage connection and edit bluetooth connections. choose the car and then press move contacts.

the reason I always failed was because I was not in the receive cards in the car while I was trying to send from my blackberry storm.

Hope I helped
    07-17-09 08:12 AM
    I bought the Mercedes S500 4 years ago and the available phone selection was crap, so I didn't get the bluetooth kit. I wish now that I had because they have caught up and the Bold works.
    07-17-09 12:32 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD