I am planning on purchasing the Blackberry Bold Soon. But i have one question. I know that this phone ha 3G Network but do we need to have 3G to make the internet work? Because I have the 1st Gen Apple iPhone so my plan has the normal edge data plan. So will i still be able to use the internet or would i have to upgrade my data plan to 3G? Any help appreciated.
    08-27-08 06:37 PM
    BBBold should work just fine on 2G, but performance will be more like the previous models and it just won't have the speed of a 3G connection. However you might find you need to upgrade your service plan to include 'BlackBerry' for full functionality. Web browsing should work anyway but the BB service (2Gor 3G) will be needed for BB push email, BB messenger, BBmaps...

You have some time to plan and ask all your questions before ATT releases Bold. I'll answer that one before you ask -
    Q - When will ATT release BlackBerry Bold?
    A - Those who know won't talk, and those who talk don't know.
    08-27-08 07:59 PM
    BBBold should work just fine on 2G, but performance will be more like the previous models and it just won't have the speed of a 3G connection. However you might find you need to upgrade your service plan to include 'BlackBerry' for full functionality. Web browsing should work anyway but the BB service (2Gor 3G) will be needed for BB push email, BB messenger, BBmaps...

You have some time to plan and ask all your questions before ATT releases Bold. I'll answer that one before you ask -
    Thank you for answering my questions.

But regarding that question. I should be getting the Blackberry Bold this upcoming friday (September 5th). My friend is an importer so he said thats when his shipment comes in **Crossing Fingers**
    08-27-08 08:51 PM

best........answer........ever......
    08-27-08 08:53 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD