Don't know if anyone else is experiencing this, but some reason everyday when I check the File Free amount in Options>Status, the number keeps fluctuatiing. M amount of file free keeps going down until I reset the device (take out and re-insert battery). Anyone know why????
    09-03-08 08:02 AM
    Which OS are you using??

First bold I think shipped with .92 which had memeory loss, this was reduced in OS .126 and further more in the latest OS.134.

What is your file free memory starting at and dropping to?? have you many 3rd part apps installed or left any running??

To find your OS go to

OPTIONS - ABOUT

Hope this helps
    09-03-08 08:31 AM
    And most importantly welcome to CB
    09-03-08 08:32 AM
    - OS v4.6.0.125 (Platform 4.0.0.134)
    - Starts out around 39883466; by end of day it's around 29xxxxxx, give or take
    - Only 2 3rd party apps, Weathereye and Google maps
    - already uninstalled extra 3rd party apps, languages, etc.

Any suggestions??
    09-03-08 08:34 AM
    OK 40 mb is a good amount of file free memory to start with and even though your Bold will run perfectly fine with 29 mb free its still a lot to lose with such few apps etc, all I can suggest is an upgrade to OS.134, I got WAY better file free memory loss from this OS.

However a couple of things, I would not try an upgrade if you don't know what you are doing, however if you follow the forum step by step guide you cant go wrong and if you do help is here, the upgrade will invalidate your warranty but you can always downgrade to .125 again if you need to and lastly some people who have upgraded to the new OS .134 are still reporting memory leaks.

Good luck hope this helps.
    09-03-08 08:41 AM
    what is the difference between OPTIONS > STATUS > FILE FREE

AND

OPTIONS > MEMORY > APPLICATION MEMORY & DEVICE MOMORY ?
    09-03-08 08:47 AM
    Where can I download OS .134? It's not listed under the Rogers devices downloads?
    09-03-08 08:56 AM
    check out page 4 of the .126 stick at the top of this forum.......post number 6
    very informative

Be warned though it's not an official version............YET

Most are VERY happy with new OS but some still reporting issues

Good luck
    09-03-08 09:03 AM
    - OS v4.6.0.125 (Platform 4.0.0.134)
    - Starts out around 39883466; by end of day it's around 29xxxxxx, give or take
    - Only 2 3rd party apps, Weathereye and Google maps
    - already uninstalled extra 3rd party apps, languages, etc.

Any suggestions??
    Hi there,

I am in the same boat, when i do a battery pull i start off with somewhere along the lines of 31 mb free. now im down to 14. Im running the same OS, 2 3rd party apps, weather eye and msn mesenger, also unistalled some most languages etc. Does anyone know if the os update does anything to extend battery life?
    09-03-08 10:53 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD