So it's been 2 days since I upgraded my phone from a curve 8310 to a bold. So far I'm loooving my bold a lot more than i loved my curve (yikes!). I noticed today that the battery life on the bold is kinda crappy...I was working a 8 hour shift and by the end of the day my battery was at 20%. I was told by the sales rep. that the battery life on the bold is not that great, but I didn't think it would be this bad. Is this normal? I made sure all my apps were closed after I used them, I was only bbm-ing and texting and made 2 phone calls throughout the day. I run on a .282 OS. Other than that, i loooove my bold!

I'm sorry if this question has been asked numerous times. Thanks for the help in advance!

xox`maia
    07-15-09 09:17 PM
    Sounds like your doing everything right, but the BBM and phone can put it to a battery. Try switching to 2G when you don't need the speed and see how that helps.
    07-15-09 09:21 PM
    Sounds like your doing everything right, but the BBM and phone can put it to a battery. Try switching to 2G when you don't need the speed and see how that helps.
    okay i will try that!
    thank you for your help!
    07-15-09 09:26 PM
    Good luck and post back if that doesn't help. You'll get tons of great suggestions here.
    07-15-09 09:28 PM
    If i have Bluetooth on and WIfI it really kills my battery fast i have noticed, i was on phone bout 1.5 hrs to a company and my Bold was at 25% battery life but i had Bluetooth and Wifi running, if i turn them both off and just talk easy 2 hrs on phone i drop maybe 1 bar down is all.
    07-15-09 09:34 PM
    how long were the phone calls? using the phone feature is THE WORST on battery life...
    07-15-09 09:44 PM
    how long were the phone calls? using the phone feature is THE WORST on battery life...
    I did call history:

7/13 10:33p 2:06:15

and it was down 1 bar because i was checking battery life throught out the call.
    07-15-09 09:53 PM
    well my bluetooth and my wi-fi is turned off unless I need to use it. so that's not the issue.

my calls were like 5-6 mins for both calls i made today.
    07-15-09 09:54 PM
    Use standby mode, switch to 2G all the time, lower the screen brightness, things like that should help.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-15-09 09:58 PM
    Use standby mode, switch to 2G all the time, lower the screen brightness, things like that should help.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    okay so i switched to 2G, and my screen brightness is at 50 and it's on standby.
    let's see if it helps!
    thanks!
    07-15-09 10:03 PM
    Yes my battery went low today when i was driving around today went all the way down to about 50 and I saw it kept switching rom edge to 3g back to edge it was quite funny especially i was putting more strain trying to surf the internet
    07-15-09 10:12 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD