Ok so everything is officially set for the 21st, this Sunday, for the release of the BB Bold 9930 on Sprint. Question is, will it be available in-store or is it available online for ordering on this date?? I was really counting on going into the store to pick this up as soon as the f'in doors opened, but after speaking to a few reps online I'm told that this date just means it's available for order and that stores would be getting it later in the week. WTF, please tell me this isn't true! We were supposed to have this ish before Verizon, but now we're here waiting... 2nd again!
    08-16-11 06:51 PM
    It's fairly standard to be available online before being available in stores, especially since units have to be shipped to a store to be available in a store.
    08-16-11 07:00 PM
    I understand that it's fairly standard for online ordering to be available before arriving in stores, but this is frustrating! Damn you Sprint! We play second fiddle to Verizon once again, WTF!
    08-16-11 07:02 PM
    I understand that it's fairly standard for online ordering to be available before arriving in stores, but this is frustrating! Damn you Sprint! We play second fiddle to Verizon once again, WTF!
    How is it playing second fiddle? It's a six day difference, dude.
    08-16-11 07:04 PM
    If you really want to complain about being second fiddle, I would go for the WiMax end of life versus LTE argument rather than this...
    FigureThisOut likes this.
    08-16-11 07:05 PM
    im not saying this is the end of the world but if true it does suck... Now my Sunday is shot. lol
    08-16-11 07:16 PM
    Or think of how AT&T users probably feel...
    08-16-11 07:16 PM
    If you really want to complain about being second fiddle, I would go for the WiMax end of life versus LTE argument rather than this...
    Well I knew Sprint's WiMax was gonna have problems once Verizon brought out their LTE so I steered clear of it. That and the fact that BB's don't have 4G capabilities it never really mattered to me.

im not saying this is the end of the world but if true it does suck... Now my Sunday is shot. lol
    My thoughts exactly!!

I can't even pretend to be in AT&T users' shoes... they should shoot themselves just for being so "loyal" to AT&T.
    08-16-11 07:20 PM
    Speaking of which. . .how are you holding up?
    08-16-11 07:26 PM
    OMG! It will be in STORES on August 21st...every Sprint store will have it...also, the only BlackBerry Store in the U.S. Is also having it ready August 21st...so to answer your question, YES the BB Bold. 9930 will be avialable at Sprint stores Sunday, August 21st.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    imrank128 likes this.
    08-16-11 07:32 PM
    OMG! It will be in STORES on August 21st...every Sprint store will have it...also, the only BlackBerry Store in the U.S. Is also having it ready August 21st...so to answer your question, YES the BB Bold. 9930 will be avialable at Sprint stores Sunday, August 21st.
    I believe it will be out on the 21st, IN STORES as well. That's the impression I got from the CS reps I spoke to.
    08-16-11 07:34 PM

OMG! Cool thanks
    08-16-11 07:35 PM
    Speaking of which. . .how are you holding up?
    I'm patient. I know I won't get it right away. The 9900 would be my secondary
    device to replace my current BB.
    08-16-11 07:40 PM
    I'm hoping that the BlackBerry Store in Farmington Hills, MI will have them in Saturday, and let me pick one up a day early

08-16-11 07:49 PM
    Damn you Sprint! We play second fiddle to Verizon once again, WTF!
    And you probably will as long as they have more subscribers.... Makes sense to me.
    Last edited by CrackBerryBryan; 08-16-11 at 08:46 PM.
    08-16-11 07:54 PM
    I'm hoping that the BlackBerry Store in Farmington Hills, MI will have them in Saturday, and let me pick one up a day early

im doing the same here in my local Miami store. And so what if only available online sunday...ill order it...get overnight ship and have it monday or tuesday...all i know ill have my new bold 9930 no later than next tuesday
    08-16-11 08:00 PM
    Believe me, Sprint stores Nationwide will have BB Bold 9930's avaiable on Sunday August 21st

08-17-11 03:44 PM
    I read the title of the thread now and it makes my laugh.
    08-17-11 03:46 PM
    Sprint really shot themselves in the foot with WiMax. But T-Mobile takes the cake claiming the first "4G" BB. It's sad what these cell companies are able to claim in their advertisements.
    08-17-11 03:59 PM
    Juzt spoke with a rep and he confirmed I can pick it up at my local store come sunday...i will be the first one there in bay ridge, brooklyn! woott wooot
    08-17-11 06:14 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD