I recently purchased a used Blackberry Bold 9900 and have been using it for last couple of days. I am with O2 UK. BIS service is activated on my account and I have set up all my personal email accounts and it's all working fine. But when I am trying to purchase an App from the BB World, I am facing issues.

It asks for the BB ID password and then nothing happens. The curser starts revolving and it keeps going on like that.

I had a BB Q10 before and when I used to purchase apps, I was charged by O2 and was shown in the monthly bill. So I contacted O2 regarding this issue and after talking with them, they have informed me that , the 'Charging' app that should be coming with the phone is missing and I should contact Blackberry. Because of this the O2 cannot charge through the BIS service. I am bit confused and not sure what does this mean.

Alternatively I tried to manually set the Payment method to paypal/ credit card by going to Options -> Payments And Billing. It shows Payment Method should be configured and there is a download link. Clicking that link form the phone takes me to error page which shows some java exceptions. The link is

mobileapps.blackberry.com/devicesoftware/index.do

I am wondering whether you can help me on this.

Note1 : I am trying to purchase the ShortCutMe app.
    Note2 : Free apps can be downloaded and installed without anu issues. Tried 'WhatsApp'

Thanks in advance
    04-03-15 10:38 AM
    I got this sorted out . I installed the Blackberry World again and then was able to purchase the apps through the BB World. If someone is looking for a solution in the future, this is what I did ...

- Go to Options -> Payments and click on the Download button.
    - This will prompt you to download the Blackberry World App.
    - Once this app is downloaded and installed, reboot the phone on prompt.

After the reboot, app purchase will be successfull ..

As I mentioned in my first post, since I got this phone, when I was trying to change the payment method(step 1), I was taken to an error webpage. But last night, it actually gave me this option to download the BB World app ..
    Last edited by yawpek; 04-04-15 at 02:08 AM.
    04-03-15 06:49 PM