Sh1t I forgot to ask about hotspot? Do you know if it had it?
    07-20-11 02:50 PM
    Note that on the second test where the fruit phone appears to edge out the 9900 it does not load the the row of images.
    BlackBerry is also a fruit >.> BUT ANYWAYS, I noticed that too he didn't clear the cache so that really had not much to do with the speeds the 2nd time anyways
    07-20-11 06:50 PM
    BlackBerry is also a fruit
    Touch�
    07-20-11 07:04 PM
    With that bird constantly crowing in the background and the train rumbling by I thought I was on the set of Slumdog Millionaire.
    AbuYazeedUK likes this.
    07-20-11 07:14 PM
    what's the build quality like, are there light leaks coming from the bezel? That was one of the things that annoyed me about the 9700
    07-20-11 07:37 PM
    Thank you very much for details on the device, pretty simple to the point review

Its a great phone..
    Super Slim
    Fast
    Great Screen brightness and very very Clear
    720p HD Video recording
    NFC
    The touch screen is excellent
    Very Fast Browser(Great with a larger screen)
    Excellent Keyboard
    Light Weight
    07-20-11 07:42 PM
    No it seems plastic, not glass.
    HUH?@?@ A plastic screen? (It doesn't have a screen protector already applied?)
    07-20-11 07:47 PM
    It has already been confirmed to be a glass screen.
    07-20-11 07:51 PM
    It has already been confirmed to be a glass screen.
    phew! I'm not going back to crappy plastic screens for ANYONE!
    07-20-11 07:59 PM
    holly cow thats sooo smooth and fast!!!!
    07-20-11 08:43 PM
    No YOU'RE a fruit
    And this is where the pointless trolls come in adding nothing to the conversation. Grats...

And yeah about the Glass screen, I have seen in multiple videos, even one being held by a RIM employee who states that it is a "hardened glass" screen. I mean the RIM employee could have been lieing I guess.. haha
    atlawson and Nikeem24 like this.
    07-20-11 08:45 PM
    I had a iPhone 4 and samsung captivate and I loved the guerrilla glass. Please have guerrilla glass on it! I owned the 9000 and now I want this NOW! I know the BB isn't meant to be as fun as android devices, but I am kinda wishing it had an 8 mp camera... I'm a serious camera ***** so hopefully the pictures are better than what the 9800 can produce. I'm using a go phone pantech link and I'm having blackberry 9900 envy.
    07-20-11 10:43 PM
    I had a iPhone 4 and samsung captivate and I loved the guerrilla glass. Please have guerrilla glass on it! I owned the 9000 and now I want this NOW! I know the BB isn't meant to be as fun as android devices, but I am kinda wishing it had an 8 mp camera... I'm a serious camera ***** so hopefully the pictures are better than what the 9800 can produce. I'm using a go phone pantech link and I'm having blackberry 9900 envy.
    It's not necessarily about megapixels. It's about the lense and sensor. In the past BB has had great cameras IMO. The iPhone 4 has one of the nicest I've seen and is only 5MP. The new BBs could be great but I'm a little worried with them losing the ability to autofocus. We'll have to see. The HD video looks good though.

Here are some exmplaes of HD videos recorded on the 9900

07-20-11 11:08 PM
    Dang $666 seems like bad luck

It's better than $999.

OP, thanks for posting those videos. The 9900 is gonna kick arse!
    07-21-11 12:09 AM
    I had a iPhone 4 and samsung captivate and I loved the guerrilla glass. Please have guerrilla glass on it!
    Glass on mobile device is not ideal, it's heavy and fragile. Capacitive touch screens can be made of plastic (see Palm Pre).

Even Apple put a plastic screen on the Mac Book Air, the model that doesn't compromise on mobility.

Anyway, the 9900 looks good. Now waiting to see what kind of battery life is offered. RIM released the Torch with miserable battery life so it wouldn't be below them to do it again.
    07-21-11 12:22 AM
    yes, its really fast & this is an engineering piece, so i'm guessing the official version will be much faster..

BB 9800 is D E A D !!!
    This feels supurb in the hand and also feels very solid (Unlike iphone which feels delicate in the hand)
    This also does not slip off the hand like the iPhone 4.
    Great Reception and sound clarity.
    Great Speaker phone - loud and very clear.
    The screen resolution is something you have to see for yourself to believe very clear.

Browser : Very Nice and very fast. Will be putting up a video on it as well.
    The main thing is that the screen size is bigger, so it gives you a better experience of brwsing. It even has pinch to zoom .
    is the 9800 dead ?because the torch 2 is out?
    07-21-11 12:51 AM
    Glass on mobile device is not ideal, it's heavy and fragile. Capacitive touch screens can be made of plastic (see Palm Pre).

Even Apple put a plastic screen on the Mac Book Air, the model that doesn't compromise on mobility.

Anyway, the 9900 looks good. Now waiting to see what kind of battery life is offered. RIM released the Torch with miserable battery life so it wouldn't be below them to do it again.
    I have to respectfully disagree. The weight glass could add is negligible and can actually add to the feel of the phone making it more premium. Yes the Palms plastic is better than your typical plastic but I'm afraid it will scratch easier than glass. There's probably a reason it is one of the few capacitive touchscreen phones not made of glass.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-21-11 12:53 AM
    I have to respectfully disagree. The weight glass could add is negligible and can actually add to the feel of the phone making it more premium. Yes the Palms plastic is better than your typical plastic but I'm afraid it will scratch easier than glass. There's probably a reason it is one of the few capacitive touchscreen phones not made of glass.

I second this. Glass on a screen really gives it a more solid feel. Even my Storm2 screen compared to my Bold 9650 screen is a huge difference. The Storm is a much more solid feeling device, even with surepress. The Bold feels plasticy and cheap. (Though its a more powerful device...)

And plastic definitely scratches much easier.
    07-21-11 01:02 AM

The reasons are fashion and copying Apple, which has the agenda of making all its devices appear consistent, from the desktop bound iMac to the iPhone, all glass and metal. Glass and metal are sexy, but not practical in a handheld or portable device.

It's much easier to put a protective sheet on a plastic screen than having to carry your delicate glass in a case.
    07-21-11 01:09 AM
    I second this. Glass on a screen really gives it a more solid feel. Even my Storm2 screen compared to my Bold 9650 screen is a huge difference. The Storm is a much more solid feeling device, even with surepress. The Bold feels plasticy and cheap. (Though its a more powerful device...)

And plastic definitely scratches much easier.
    Right. I've kept my Storm 1 and now my Storm 2 caseless since I purchased them on launch and have never even seen a light scratch on either. In fact, you can take a key/knife/scissors and it still won't damage it. Try that with a plastic screen...actually don't.

07-21-11 01:11 AM
    The reasons are fashion and copying Apple, which has the agenda of making all its devices appear consistent, from the desktop bound iMac to the iPhone, all glass and metal. Glass and metal are sexy, but not practical in a handheld or portable device.

It's much easier to put a protective sheet on a plastic screen than having to carry your delicate glass in a case.
    Not to me. Its nice not having to put covers on my screen anymore. I haven't done that since my old Samsung Windows Mobile phone from 07. It might be more durable from drops, but I have yet to shatter any of my screens ever. Plus glass just feels better. I promise you the majority of users will prefer the 9900 to have a glass/scratch resistant over plastic screen.

07-21-11 01:26 AM
    Glass seems to also be a more responsive touch screen... It just feels nicer and flows better than a plastic screen.

And yah, I'm not a big fan of screen protectors at all. I like the glass feel.
    UrbanGlowCam likes this.
    07-21-11 01:35 AM
    WOW what a way to start my day!!!!!
    I can't let my husband see this....he'll hit the stratosphere and drive me crazy for the next month or so.
    07-21-11 03:58 AM
    Yeah I'm trying to decide between a 9900, mytouch 4g slide, sensation, or g2x. The only concern I've had with android phones is their quality control is terrible. Almost ever phone has had defects which is why they lose value so quickly. Blackberry's hold their value quite well. I'm pretty impressed with the browser on this phone, and this phone overall. It doesn't look like it would get outdated very soon.
    Save yourself the headache and scratch the G2x off the list right now. It's software is so bad even T-Mobile's not selling it.
    07-21-11 10:43 AM
    Does it have mobile hotspot?
    07-21-11 11:09 AM
139 12345 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD