Hey guys, I bought my BB from Ebay Brand New, 3-4 months ago. ATM, I am having minor problem with the lock button. I was wondering how will I go about solving this problem. I think the guy said the BB was from a contract. I don't have a proof of purchase.

Any advice, if I take the phone to them will they be able to help me.

Cheers.
    06-18-10 05:13 AM
    You'll have to pay for the repair yourself.. Second hand phones have no warranty.. Only the original owner can contact the network to have it repaired

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-18-10 05:25 AM
    Sad tyms

I hope I don't get any major problem.

My problem with the lock/unlock button. Say I want to unlock the phone. I press the button to unlock it, It gets unlocked, but then quickly locked again. And via versa, If I want to lock it, it gets locked, but then unlocked.

I am trying to do a full reset, but I can't figure out how.
    06-18-10 05:45 AM
    I expanded the title, remember when making threads it's a good idea to give the thread a descriptive title so that folks have a better idea if they can help you before then look at the thread.

Sounds like the lock button got damaged and you should probably not use it. There are 3rd party apps that you can get free or purchase that can be used to lock your device instead.
    06-18-10 08:56 AM
    What OS are you running? And when you say "full reset" do you mean a restart? There is a hard reset which is pulling the battery out (which is helpful if you run into any problems or if you want to get a fresh start with memory etc) or you can do a "soft reset" which is pressing (and holding) ALT + SHIFT + DEL.

To check what OS you're running, press (and hold) ALT + SHIFT + H until the screen pops up.

Hope that helps! Welcome to the forum btw, and I hope you're 9700 is fine!
    06-18-10 09:24 AM
    The lock button was removed in some late OS's. Probably isn't a hardware problem?
    06-18-10 04:06 PM
    I updated my software yesterday. App version 5.0.0.593. With this update, when I click the lock, the screen it goes black. I can only unlock with that key, I cant use star + Green key anymore.

Also I would like to do a full reset to the factory settings. I have taken the battery out.
    06-19-10 10:05 AM
    I updated my software yesterday. App version 5.0.0.593. With this update, when I click the lock, the screen it goes black. I can only unlock with that key, I cant use star + Green key anymore.
    That is the new lock feature in the latest versions of OS 5.
    06-19-10 10:24 AM
    my lock button is not working is this a software problem? im using storm 9550
    07-30-10 11:44 AM
    another alternative u have is to assign lock to one of your convenience keys.

someone correct me if u can't do this anymore.
    07-30-10 02:18 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD