Hi all!

First of all i'm new to this form, i have tried to search for my problem but didn't get the right answers. So here it goes; Yesterday when i woke up my blackberry was completeley dead. No flashing red light no nothing, i tried to remove my battery and put it back in, but that makes no difference.

So i tried next the apploader to restore my nuked/bricked blackberry, but the application didn't reconise by BB9700 so i can't select a comport also tried it on default search, and when i hooked up a onther blackberry device it is reconnised so my comport isn't dead.

So Can Anybody HELP Me Please!!

Any advice is helpful and thank you all in advance!

Kind regards
    08-15-11 08:24 AM
    Hi all!

First of all i'm new to this form, i have tried to search for my problem but didn't get the right answers. So here it goes; Yesterday when i woke up my blackberry was completeley dead. No flashing red light no nothing, i tried to remove my battery and put it back in, but that makes no difference.

So i tried next the apploader to restore my nuked/bricked blackberry, but the application didn't reconise by BB9700 so i can't select a comport also tried it on default search, and when i hooked up a onther blackberry device it is reconnised so my comport isn't dead.

So Can Anybody HELP Me Please!!

Any advice is helpful and thank you all in advance!

Kind regards
    Start DM,
    Connect phone without battery with computer,
    Follow the screen and select os which is installed on your computer,
    Install os,
    When you got the message that the computer couldn't connect press ok,
    Do this 5-6 times and then put battery back; press ok when you got the message again,
    After doing this staps your os should be installed.

(If needed) you can delete the vendor.xml at:
    Program Files - Common Files Research in motion - Apploader.
    or (seehidden files):
    users - uesername - Appdata - Roaming - Research in Motion - Blackberry -Loader XML
    08-15-11 10:31 AM
    If DM doesn't work, you'll need to use Apploader. Assuming you have the blackberry device software installed (if you haven't, grab it from your carrier's link to blackberry.com's devices software page), open windows explorer, go to C:/PROGRAM FILES/COMMON FILES/RESEARCH IN MOTION/APPLOADER and run Apploader.exe after immediately connecting your blackberry to the USB port via the computer with the cable plugged in while the LED is on and apploader should be able to lock on. Next, follow all of the instructions on screen, when and if you get to a prompt to use an older version of the device software's applications, select that option and continue. When you get to the Applications listing, check off only what you really need, uncheck anything you don't need. You can always re-download MSN, Yahoo!, AIM, Gtalk, app world, facebook, myspace, etc. from the blackberry website after this is completed. Click next and follow all instructions. Your devices software SHOULD be able to get loaded. If it fails, try again, but be very fast, you might ned to do this multiple times until you get it locked on.

if it doesn't work still and you've absolutely given up, if the warranty is still good or you have insurance, pay the deductible to get a replacement/go through the warranty exchange program.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-15-11 02:46 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD