Did you get 587 installed? Or did you just go with Sprint's 600?
    I think for now I'm going to stay with the OS5, I don't mind change but I like solid ground under my feet. Still doing a little research on different OS5 upgrades, 593 and others. will keep you posted. Hope I don't need much help. Thanks a million!
    08-16-11 08:32 AM
    I think for now I'm going to stay with the OS5, I don't mind change but I like solid ground under my feet. Still doing a little research on different OS5 upgrades, 593 and others. will keep you posted. Hope I don't need much help. Thanks a million!
    Ok goodness. Well I hope it works well for you.
    08-16-11 08:43 AM
    I'm with you, $200 for any phone is crazy.
    lol, I was willing to pay $500 for it
    08-17-11 06:56 AM
    lol, I was willing to pay $500 for it
    I'd never spend that much on a phone I'll probably only have for about a year.
    08-17-11 07:21 AM
    I would love to have one to replace my 9650, but the price is too much..
    08-17-11 07:54 PM
    Most likely will make the switch to the 9930, just want to wait until it physically hits the stores and see what the reviews are for the phone. I loved my Tour and got the 9650 b/c my Tour broke and they stopped making the phone, so I have never really loved the 9650 b/c my tour was so great. I have however, grown to like this phone - just want a phone that I actually pick out! I will probably make the switch though soon.
    08-18-11 01:48 PM
    Well, I just took the plunge into Android (Droid Incredible 2) yesterday. I was totally wanting a 9930 from my 9650, but ... well... you know how all of the complaints can get under your skin.

Granted, I've only gone one full day with my new Incredible plus extended battery, but good grief! That darn thing is so fiddly.

To me, it does the same things as a blackberry but with more whiz! slick! graphics going on. Of course, it has many more possible functions ...especially of the entertainment variety.... but my biggest problems were this:
    *it's antenna is weak. In areas of low signal with my blackberry, well, they became NO signal with the android. Literally unusable.

So, now, I'm back to this decision:
    Do I go with the 9930 (with it's annoying camera issue) but speedy slickness, or stick with my 9650... which really isn't laggy for me.

Hmmmm
    08-18-11 05:09 PM
    Well, I just took the plunge into Android (Droid Incredible 2) yesterday. I was totally wanting a 9930 from my 9650, but ... well... you know how all of the complaints can get under your skin.

Granted, I've only gone one full day with my new Incredible plus extended battery, but good grief! That darn thing is so fiddly.

To me, it does the same things as a blackberry but with more whiz! slick! graphics going on. Of course, it has many more possible functions ...especially of the entertainment variety.... but my biggest problems were this:
    *it's antenna is weak. In areas of low signal with my blackberry, well, they became NO signal with the android. Literally unusable.

So, now, I'm back to this decision:
    Do I go with the 9930 (with it's annoying camera issue) but speedy slickness, or stick with my 9650... which really isn't laggy for me.

Hmmmm
    I got a Droid 3, coming from a 9650, with my upgrade when they first came out. Even with the extended battery I couldn't get a full day out of it. Sooo paid $509 for my 9930 and the auction for my Droid 3 is over $400 now so I'll probably break even when all is said and done. When I'm ready for a new BB RIM will hopefully have an LTE one out by then.
    08-18-11 05:43 PM
    Here's my story..

I originally had the 9650. I was getting a bit tired of the constant battery pulls / memory leaks that became an everyday issue. I thought the 9930 was never going to come out.

So I figured, what the heck, might as well try a droid. I got the X2 from Verizon. The problems with the phone began immediately. On the second day, it started to reboot. This happened once per day (turns out it's an OS issue). But then after rebooting one day, it would not connect to the 3G data network. I tried to fix it, but no luck.

At that time, VZW was releasing the 9930 (this past Monday). I returned the X2, got the 9930. It's the smoothest phone I've ever used. No lag, no battery pulls. Just pure awesomeness. The keyboard is like typing on air. The camera is not as bad as everyone makes it seem... As long as you have plenty of lighting, the pictures come out awesome.

I'd go with the 9930, you'll love it.
    08-19-11 08:30 AM
    I used to have a 9650, then upgraded to a droid x, then went and got thid new 9930! Its def different coming from android back to blackberry but I loved the new 9930! Beautiful phone with a great keyboard!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-21-11 03:51 PM
    I will.
    Most Likely.
    08-21-11 04:17 PM

08-21-11 09:03 PM
    I think I may just run my 9650 into the ground just so I don't have to pay the 10 dollar fee on a non 4g product.
    Or save up for a Playbook. Just not happy for a 4g bill on a 3g phone.
    08-21-11 09:05 PM
    I did and went with the off-contract price from sprint. I'm saving my upgrade for either a QNX Berry or another phone if the QNX doesn't live up to expectations.

08-22-11 05:25 AM
    I am a big fan of the 9650 and still use the non-camera version at work, but the 9930 is light years ahead of the 9650. Fast, beautiful graphics and large keyboard and screen (yes, it is noticeably larger). I find myself wanting to touch my 9650 screen for apps now. The touch screen is so cool! It raised a few eyebrows from long-time iPhone users this weekend at a family party!
    jdub20 likes this.
    08-22-11 06:32 AM
65 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD