Hi I am new to blackberry, I have an unlocked bold 9000 my son handed it down to me. last week I downloaded liveprofile and now my battery is draining very fast. The only other thing I downloaded was Opra Mimi. Today I downloaded battery booster pro thinking it will help me with what ever may be draining my battery. It keeps alerting me that liveprofile is working in the background and I need to close it. That is just what I have been doing is closing it from my menu key when done. Any ideas on how to fix! Thanks
    08-15-11 02:42 PM
    those apps dont work maybe you should buy a new battery or try installing one of the hybrids. I have had my bold for about 2 years now and I had to buy a new battery the beginning of this year and turn off 3g and turn down ur backlight to the lowest possible
    08-15-11 07:07 PM
    My battery easily lasts all day with full brightness and 3G you should try getting a new battery as I have loads of stuff syncing and still easily manage a full day

Sent from my BlackBerry 9000 using Tapatalk
    08-16-11 04:10 AM
    Yes do try some of the hybrids if a new battery doesn't help. I'm running JSL 6.0 and with moderate use I get almost 2 days. Love my blacked out 9000.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-16-11 05:28 AM
    I'd recommend you to reinstall the OS on the device instructions can be found easily on the forum using JL_Cmdr or any other third party utilities, use the phone for a couple of days (just to check) without installing ANY applications and check if the backup has improved, if the backup is still terrible then you need new batteries.
    08-16-11 06:44 AM
    Thanks everyone for replying! I have only been using my bold for 3 week now, the first 2 weeks I was using it without charging for 3 days. So I will get a new battery and see how it goes. I know there are instructions to reintsall the OS but I am to nervious to go there yet. I am brand new to this smart phone thing. Again thanks for all your help.
    08-16-11 10:57 AM
    Hard call. I have a 3 year old 9000 with original battery. Using only email and txt messaging, occasional FB updates, and Google Maps, the battery last several days. If I use it for calls, then a few hours on a full charge.

The LiveProfile site says it doesn't use battery (I assume when idle).

Good point to turn off Bluetooth, and Wireless when you know you're not using them. There are apps to help you do that.

Make sure you *exit* applications, and not just jump back to the home screen. Press and hold the BB key and a window of running programs will appear. Certain BB ones will always run in memory. Make sure you close/exit all of the others.
    08-16-11 03:23 PM
    Ok I have been closing/exit all programs when done, lowered my backlight, I have not charged my battery now for 24 hrs. It is still full. So far so good. Thanks all
    08-18-11 10:35 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD