Hey there, last night I was out and I wasn't paying attention to much battery power my bold had. When I got home today, I saw that it refused to turn on. Since I'm not at my own house, I downloaded Desktop Manager V5 and got myself a USB cable.

For five minutes it was blinking red at the top right hand of the bold, and after a minute or two the screen went white with a battery in the centre with a blue lightning bolt.

Does this mean that it's charging, or it has no battery AT ALL to charge?
    Looking forward to your replies,
    - P.
    07-21-09 11:56 AM
    It's charging, but it will take a while.
    07-21-09 11:58 AM
    It's charging, but it will take a while.
    How long are you thinking?
    07-21-09 12:03 PM
    I ran my battery down all the way and it took 90 minutes to fully charge.
    Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com

07-21-09 12:35 PM
    I ran my battery down all the way and it took 90 minutes to fully charge.

Since I've made this post I can now function on the Blackberry, but it's at 0% Battery life and it hasn't moved at all since. Should I just let it charge for the whole day or what?
    07-21-09 12:38 PM
    Do you need to have DM to charge a BB via USB?
    07-21-09 12:39 PM
    I would give it about 6 hours, especially on a USB charge. I would switch to a wall charger if at all possible.

No, you do not need Dm to charge.
    07-21-09 12:44 PM
    sorry to crash here,

i am having the same problem, i have a third-party cradle which is charging via usb, however the other day when i charged it it took forever, it was approx 70% when i went to sleep, when i woke up in the morning it was around 30%, i've only had my Bold for about 4 days so is it faulty or should i use the wall charger?

also after some none usage my pc goes to sleep.

if anyone know how long does it take to charge from 10% if using the following?

USB Cable:?
    Wall Charger:?

TIA.

p.s what is meant by dm ?
    07-22-09 11:12 AM

Desktop Manager
    07-22-09 03:39 PM
    sorry to crash here,

i am having the same problem, i have a third-party cradle which is charging via usb, however the other day when i charged it it took forever, it was approx 70% when i went to sleep, when i woke up in the morning it was around 30%, i've only had my Bold for about 4 days so is it faulty or should i use the wall charger?

also after some none usage my pc goes to sleep.

if anyone know how long does it take to charge from 10% if using the following?

USB Cable:?
    Wall Charger:?

TIA.

Same thing happened to me. I switched to the wall charger and have had zero issues since.
    07-22-09 03:47 PM
    according to engineering mode, usb only provides 500 mah, whereas the regular charger provides 1300 mah. it will work, but will be slower.
    07-22-09 06:37 PM
    thanks, i'll try wall charger.
    07-23-09 03:43 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD