I don't know whats wrong with it,, it used to stay longer than one day,, now .. last two days .. if i charge it in the morning the battery runs out in the night,, today,, i fully charged it .. and after 5 hourse onley (without using it) the battrey was compeletly dead..

the blackberry is literally (hot). like its running some kind of application..

any one could help??

my blackberry is only 2 months old
    07-21-09 04:36 AM
    Maybe you should buy a new battery ?
    07-21-09 04:45 AM
    battery was okay ,, until two days ago
    07-21-09 04:58 AM
    u installed something new in the last 2 days ??
    07-21-09 05:07 AM
    u installed something new in the last 2 days ??
    nope..

nothing new

i use the exact same things since the first day i got the phone
    07-21-09 05:12 AM
    well.. i just remembered.. i did install the face book applications few days ago.. maybe a week ago,,
    07-21-09 05:30 AM
    and i don't know how to remove it .. or uninstall it
    07-21-09 05:36 AM
    Options--> Advanced Options--> Applications
    Hilight the facebook app, press the menu button and select "delete".
    07-21-09 06:20 AM
    probably not FB.. sounds like u need a new battery
    07-21-09 08:59 AM
    Upgrade to .282. Battery lasts longer. Also, if you don't exit Facebook, it will run in the background and drain the battery very fast.
    07-21-09 09:55 AM
    probably not FB.. sounds like u need a new battery
    Why would any of you suggest buying a NEW battery over doing some diagnostics FIRST? :shake head:

FIRST, check to make sure you do not have apps continually running in the background. Hold ALT and press the BACK button (right of trackball), and make sure only PHONE/BBM/HOME/BROWSER/MESSAGES are running. See if that helps. There are A LOT of apps that if left running in the background will cause your battery to drain

SECOND, revert any changes you recently made. If you recently installed Facebook, try deleting it. Facebook has been known to leak memory, perhaps it drains the battery as well, especially if it does not shut down properly it will be running in the background.

THIRD, upgrade your OS. Some of the older versions of OS are built very poorly causing memory leaks and *mic check* BATTERY DRAINS! IMO, .282 is a fabulous build.

FOURTH, if nothing else works... Warrenty. Your BB is only 2 months old. Perhaps you got a bad one. Look into replacing it for FREE.

The Bold really is a fabulous phone. I hope you find the right solution!

07-21-09 09:57 AM
    I had the same issue, was working fine for months then overnight it seemed the battery wouldnt last 5 hrs before it was on red and it was running hot. prior to that happening it would randomly reboot. I'd upgraded OS's, wiped it to stock, the battery drain was the last straw. I called up at&t and they sent me a new one, so far (and its only been 2 days) I've put a couple apps (facebook & BTsidekick) but it's running great and I'm going on my 2nd day and the battery is only half gone. if upgrading doesnt help, wiping it doesnt help, before considering the battery, consider the unit itself.
    07-21-09 12:37 PM
    I had the same issue, was working fine for months then overnight it seemed the battery wouldnt last 5 hrs before it was on red and it was running hot. prior to that happening it would randomly reboot. I'd upgraded OS's, wiped it to stock, the battery drain was the last straw. I called up at&t and they sent me a new one, so far (and its only been 2 days) I've put a couple apps (facebook & BTsidekick) but it's running great and I'm going on my 2nd day and the battery is only half gone. if upgrading doesnt help, wiping it doesnt help, before considering the battery, consider the unit itself.
    I did the same thing with calling AT&T and getting a new battery sent to me. The new one doesn't last long either. I have to charge it every day instead of every two or three days. I do not have any heavy duty apps running in the background. Just e-mail and AP News. I even turned off GPS. No improvement. The short life thing came on suddenly last month and hasn't gone away. It's very annoying.
    07-21-09 12:52 PM
    Mine is running out rather quickly also
    07-21-09 12:54 PM
    I did the same thing with calling AT&T and getting a new battery sent to me. The new one doesn't last long either. I have to charge it every day instead of every two or three days. I do not have any heavy duty apps running in the background. Just e-mail and AP News. I even turned off GPS. No improvement. The short life thing came on suddenly last month and hasn't gone away. It's very annoying.
    perhaps its the unit then... like i said i wiped it to stock and still had the battery drain but with the new unit (same battery, they only sent me the unit not battery, not battery cover) i'm going on my second day with the battery only half gone.
    07-21-09 01:07 PM
    sorry i just realized i didnt make it clear that at&t only sent me a new unit. they did not send me a new battery or battery cover.
    07-21-09 01:09 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD