Hi guys.

I managed to steal the battery from my old (broken) Bold before I gave the phone back and got a new one - so now I have 2 batteries. All good stuff but I have a quick question and more than likely a bit silly.

If I charge the spare one to full and keep it in the car for emergencies - will it eventually start to lose charge on its own accord without being used or will it always stay 100%?

As you can see I don't know the first thing about batteries!

Thanks.
    08-18-09 12:17 PM
    I have 2 battery's and the 2nd manages to hold a charge for weeks.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-18-09 12:19 PM
    Thanks man. It will start to lose charge though after a period of time?
    08-18-09 12:21 PM
    Yes, it will. There are also some things you should know about storage. Check this out for details.

Lithium-ion battery - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
    08-18-09 12:21 PM
    Yes, it will. There are also some things you should know about storage. Check this out for details.

Lithium-ion battery - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
    Thank you for that link buddy - very helpful. It seems like the loss of charge isn't particularly significant for the first year and the fact that I live in Scotland means that the average temperature of my car interior will hit around 9 C in the upcoming months.

Thanks again man! Really appreciated!
    08-18-09 12:30 PM
    Yup, anytime.
    08-18-09 12:39 PM
    My second battery holds a charge, I've gone weeks without using it and never lost more than 5 %

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-18-09 12:44 PM
    My 2nd battery holds a charge for about 3-4 weeks without use before losing some of it's charge.
    08-18-09 01:28 PM
    Get a Case-Mate Fuel holster. Charge the holster and the phone at night. During the day, the holster charges the phone. I also have a charging pod at home and the office.
    08-18-09 02:10 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD