Is there a difference when you pull the battery when the device is powered on instead of putting it of and then pulling the battery?

Thanks
    06-19-09 08:05 AM
    Yes, a battery on pull is a hard reset and returns the device to the last working configuration.
    06-19-09 08:06 AM
    oh so its different from a battery pull when you switch off the phone? correct not sure about this...

is it better to pull the battery with the phone powered on or off?
    06-19-09 08:09 AM
    You really only need to do a battery pull when it freezes (soft resets handle everything else just fine), so you really do not have a choice. But to answer your question, on is better.
    06-19-09 08:11 AM
    still trying to solve the time update problem
    06-19-09 08:22 AM
    Be sure you are set to network time.
    06-19-09 08:25 AM
    You really only need to do a battery pull when it freezes (soft resets handle everything else just fine), so you really do not have a choice. But to answer your question, on is better.
    I disagree. I would assume if anything it would be safer for the device if it was powered off first. What benificial would happen when its on that wouldn't happen when its off.
    If you had to move your computer to a diff room wouldn't you shut it off before pulling the power?

Now that being said I don't think I have ever(or rarly if I have) turned off my device prior to doing it. And have yet to see any noticable damaged caused.

Although as you said if its not frozen you could probably just use soft reset in most cases

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Last edited by Mythico; 06-19-09 at 08:36 AM.
    06-19-09 08:33 AM
    I disagree. I would assume if anything it would be safer for the device if it was powered off first. What benificial would happen when its on that wouldn't happen when its off.
    If you had to move your computer to a diff room wouldn't you shut it off before pulling the power?

Now that being said I don't think I have ever(or rarly if I have) turned off my device prior to doing it. And have yet to see any noticable damaged caused.

Although as you said if its not frozen you could probably just use soft reset in most cases

It's a free country. I just know what does and does not work.

And it does not hurt the PC to pull the plug, it corrupts the OS. This is not an issue with Blackberry.
    06-19-09 08:42 AM
    True enough. In all honesty I doubt it makes much difference either way. Either way it will solve a large number of bb problems

06-19-09 08:47 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD