I'm running .282 and only perform a "physical" battery pull once every two weeks for deep cleaning. I use QuickPull once a week for routine cleaning.

There is no difference between a physical battery pull, quickpull, or alt+shift+del.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-06-09 11:36 PM
    Ok this is what I learned about the storm is to not look at the memory it is wat it is and as far as quickpull u should do it while sleeping and chatging takes like 10% of ur battery

07-06-09 11:39 PM
    There are probably a few things that attributed to this... One, I'm running OS .282, which has been a total beast ever since I installed it. I also (before installation of the new OS) used CrackMem to delete all the crap that AT&T loads on it, like VAD, Visual Voicemail, etc... I also used CrackUtil to kill the voicenote files, because, honestly, I don't use the voicenotes recorder.

Long story short, I deleted everything I didn't want and kept everything I did want.
    Hmm.. I'm going to be picking up my new Bold tomorrow to replace my 3GS (meh) and would love to hear a bit more about the process you talk about here.

I'll be going straight to .282 when I get it and would love to remove all of the crap I won't be using.

Is it all pretty straight forward? I'm super comfortable with computers and phones in general, so I'm not too worried.

Sorry for the n00bish question, but the BB world is a new world for me.

-Alex

07-07-09 04:16 AM
    There is no difference between a physical battery pull, quickpull, or alt+shift+del.

I know, but you can't tell people on here this, they will always insist they are different.
    07-07-09 08:21 AM
    I have quickpull run every night at 4am. I couldn't tell ya if its doing anything or not but its easier then doing it myself so I just set it to run.

07-07-09 09:20 AM
    Hmm.. I'm going to be picking up my new Bold tomorrow to replace my 3GS (meh) and would love to hear a bit more about the process you talk about here.

I'll be going straight to .282 when I get it and would love to remove all of the crap I won't be using.

Is it all pretty straight forward? I'm super comfortable with computers and phones in general, so I'm not too worried.

Sorry for the n00bish question, but the BB world is a new world for me.

-Alex

You couldn't have had the 3GS for very long before switching to the Bold, which I believe you will really like. I am using 266 and it is working fine for me. I have only pulled my battery twice in the two months that I have had the phone.
    07-07-09 01:46 PM
31 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD