It seems like my memory slowly goes down throughout the day. I'm very meticulous about closing out my applications when I'm done. I always just have the necessary 5 apps (phone, messages, BBM, Home and Browser) when the phone is idling. After a battery pull, I'm at 33.7 MB.

Is there a program on my phone that could be pulling it down? I'm currently running .282.

As far as apps go, I have QuickLaunch, QuickPull, Weatherbug, Facebook, Ubertwitter, ScoreCenter, Pandora, App World, WHERE, Google Maps and Viigo.

Again, I never have anything else running when the phone is in idle. Any advice would be much appreciated.
    06-30-09 10:19 PM
    I think its viigo or ubertwitter...I pull once a day myself, I use viigo LOT but always shut it down properly but it seems to be the culprit.
    06-30-09 10:22 PM
    I've been having some memory problems since I installed BerryWeather. I'm not sure if its BerryWeather or maybe the ecruz htc theme that I downloaded. Viigo also seems to have some memory issues
    06-30-09 10:57 PM
    I only have bolt and filescout and my memory drops all the time. I just learned to deal with it.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-01-09 12:53 AM
    A BlackBerry works the same as a computer but on a smaller scale. Run a lot of different stuff on a computer, open and close stuff for days and weeks, and eventually you will need to reboot it to clear the memory. A BlackBerry is the same way but because the amount of available memory is so much smaller on your phone you notice it a lot quicker. (Just to put all of that in a nutshell).
    07-01-09 01:04 AM
    It seems like my memory slowly goes down throughout the day. I'm very meticulous about closing out my applications when I'm done. I always just have the necessary 5 apps (phone, messages, BBM, Home and Browser) when the phone is idling. After a battery pull, I'm at 33.7 MB.

Is there a program on my phone that could be pulling it down? I'm currently running .282.

As far as apps go, I have QuickLaunch, QuickPull, Weatherbug, Facebook, Ubertwitter, ScoreCenter, Pandora, App World, WHERE, Google Maps and Viigo.

Again, I never have anything else running when the phone is in idle. Any advice would be much appreciated.
    try not installing to many language pack on the DM

it helps a lot
    07-01-09 01:31 AM
    I almost never reboot my phone (or my computer for that matter)... and I pride myself in keeping such things running well. I'm an IT geek and I can tell you that it's just like a computer.

While it's true that there are sometimes specific errors a battery pull can help you solve, it's not necessary if you are using a stable OS version, you properly close apps, turn off features that keep apps running (or worse yet, downloading) in the background, set the memory cleaner run when the phone is idle, keep everything that's not an app stored on an SD card, or at least move stuff to the internal 1GB storage and not in the device memory, clear the log file at least once every few weeks, delete apps you don't use, don't store all your email and texts forever, etc.

As I and others have said, it's just like a computer. A negligent user will bring it to its knees rather quickly, but if you're attentive, the battery cover can stay on. No point making it looser than it already is!
    07-01-09 03:50 AM
    ok I have something to say on this even though I am not running a bold..

I have used viigo forever and haven't had many issues with memory.. but recently I installed uber twitter and have been having major issues with a leak..

I am going to try not uninstalling it even though I love it and see what happens just thought I would put that out there.
    07-01-09 05:03 AM
    i do it once a week...
    07-01-09 06:45 AM
    I question my memory, as well. I couldn't keep over 20m with .167, and since upgrading to .282, i immediately started with 52m of memory. The only apps I have are: Google Maps, Facebook, Weatherbug, Slacker, Nobex, and BBM. Now I can't get more than 38m of memory. What gives? I close all apps, battery pull once a day, scheduled memory cleaning, and delete event log daily.
    07-01-09 08:53 AM
    I question my memory, as well. I couldn't keep over 20m with .167, and since upgrading to .282, i immediately started with 52m of memory. The only apps I have are: Google Maps, Facebook, Weatherbug, Slacker, Nobex, and BBM. Now I can't get more than 38m of memory. What gives? I close all apps, battery pull once a day, scheduled memory cleaning, and delete event log daily.
    Apps do use some memory when they are working correctly. 38MB is very good.
    07-01-09 09:50 AM
    So far I have only done a battery pull once on my Bold, and that was only done to test out the battery pull App. That I installed on it.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-01-09 10:07 AM
    I will be honest...I never turn it off or do a battery pull. I did it last when I updated it to .282. Mine hovers around 34-36 free and that is with 4-5 apps open.

Personally I see no reason. I have it running all day. Turn it phone only profile at night and put it on the charger. Process repeats the next day.
    07-01-09 10:07 AM
    I have about 15 3rd party apps and 4 3rd party themes and average 53MB after a battery pull, which then drops to about 47MB (.282 has been the best build for me by far). I'm running .282 and only perform a "physical" battery pull once every two weeks for deep cleaning. I use QuickPull once a week for routine cleaning.
    07-01-09 10:12 AM
    I have about 15 3rd party apps and 4 3rd party themes and average 53MB after a battery pull, which then drops to about 47MB (.282 has been the best build for me by far). I'm running .282 and only perform a "physical" battery pull once every two weeks for deep cleaning. I use QuickPull once a week for routine cleaning.
    How did you manage this????? I have about 20 3rd party apps and 2 extra themes and only have ~21 after a battery pull.
    07-01-09 03:40 PM
    So, exactly how are ya'll keeping your memory up? When I said I have 38, that's where it starts right after a BP, and drops consistently from then on, until I do another BP.
    07-01-09 04:20 PM
    How did you manage this????? I have about 20 3rd party apps and 2 extra themes and only have ~21 after a battery pull.
    There are probably a few things that attributed to this... One, I'm running OS .282, which has been a total beast ever since I installed it. I also (before installation of the new OS) used CrackMem to delete all the crap that AT&T loads on it, like VAD, Visual Voicemail, etc... I also used CrackUtil to kill the voicenote files, because, honestly, I don't use the voicenotes recorder.

Long story short, I deleted everything I didn't want and kept everything I did want.
    07-01-09 04:25 PM

Id like to know this also... I have 13 3rd party apps. and no themes except for the 2 that come installed and i stay around 40mb.
    07-01-09 04:28 PM

My question is how low are you getting before a battery pull? If your lowest is
    in the 20's or so, there's nothing to worry about. And why have Quickpull if
    you pull the battery once a day anyway?
    07-01-09 04:39 PM
    My question is how low are you getting before a battery pull? If your lowest is
    in the 20's or so, there's nothing to worry about.
    And why have Quickpull if
    you pull the battery once a day anyway?
    I agree. Additionally, if you're not experiencing any adverse affects to your Bold's performance (like lagging when opening applications or the dreaded "clock") then I wouldn't worry, either. It's not about how much free file memory MB you have, it's how it is being used.
    07-01-09 05:01 PM
    instead of a batt pull why not restart the phone ( alt, right caps, del)
    07-02-09 11:29 PM
    This is amazing. The OP asked a very simple and legitimate question and instead of getting a deserved answer, every one of you has just driven over the top of them and turned this into your own little chat session about your own personal pull habits. Hmm where were we? Oh yeah, is a battery pull once a day too much? I'm curious too.
    07-06-09 08:24 PM
    This is amazing. The OP asked a very simple and legitimate question and instead of getting a deserved answer, every one of you has just driven over the top of them and turned this into your own little chat session about your own personal pull habits. Hmm where were we? Oh yeah, is a battery pull once a day too much? I'm curious too.
    Yes it is. If it's required, something else is wrong.

Happy now?
    07-06-09 09:01 PM
    I dont think so I do a battery pull once a day. It all depends does your phone
    lag to the point where you have to do a pull a day? Personally I do a battery pull a day just because I have ocd when it comes to my phones memory lol.
    07-06-09 11:16 PM
    Whats your memory like before and after a battery pull?
    07-06-09 11:17 PM
31 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD