Hi call me silly but I have no idea what a batterpull is and why you haveit. Il be buying the bold but as Ive never had a smart phone I dont have apps open. From reading that other batt pull bold message, im guessing you have different apps running if you want.

I dont think ill have any, ill just go in to what i need as i wont be usign the browswer i doubt. Will i still have to pull.. and is that where you take teh battery out... the less apps i use or have running wil it save battery or sumthng or do i have to change the OS?
    07-01-09 04:15 AM
    A battery pull is just what it sounds like. You physically pull out the battery, which fully reboots the phone. When you turn it off and back on, it's more like putting it to sleep, so a battery pull instead gives you a full, hard reset.

The reason people here talk about doing them all the time is not to save battery but to save memory. When you have too many apps running at once, your memory decreases. Sometimes even after closing an app, the device memory isn't properly released and takes a while to show up again as free memory. Many people reboot frequently because they feel it keeps the phone running quickly and smoothly, but if you treat the device right I don't think it's really necessary.

I know I'm probably in the minority, but as I've said in many other threads, I almost NEVER take out my battery.
    07-01-09 04:22 AM
    A battery pull is just what it sounds like. You physically pull out the battery, which fully reboots the phone. When you turn it off and back on, it's more like putting it to sleep, so a battery pull instead gives you a full, hard reset.

The reason people here talk about doing them all the time is not to save battery but to save memory. When you have too many apps running at once, your memory decreases. Sometimes even after closing an app, the device memory isn't properly released and takes a while to show up again as free memory. Many people reboot frequently because they feel it keeps the phone running quickly and smoothly, but if you treat the device right I don't think it's really necessary.

I know I'm probably in the minority, but as I've said in many other threads, I almost NEVER take out my battery.
    I agree 100%, I almost never do this and the phone runs great.
    07-01-09 07:38 AM
    Never pull my battery and my phone runs great.

If you notice it lagging or doing odd things, you could pull the battery as a quick fix. But mostly you want to manage your apps properly so this doesn't happen.
    07-01-09 08:46 AM
    Thanks digital boy, good explanation.. ive been trying to work it out for ages.. but yeh cool.
    07-01-09 10:20 AM
    As others have said, I have not found it necessary to pull the battery out on my BB Bold either. So far everything has been running great. If you do need to pull the battery and don't want to take the battery out, there is a free battery pull App. That you can download OTA here on Crackberry.com, that runs through the process of a battery pull without you physically pulling it.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-01-09 10:24 AM

I agree. Instead of doing a batt pull why don't you just restart the phone (alt,rt. caps, del)
    07-02-09 11:32 PM
    I agree. Instead of doing a batt pull why don't you just restart the phone (alt,rt. caps, del)
    First of all the op never said anything about doing a battery pull....they just wanted to know what one was...just to put you back on topic. If you feel the need for frequent resets download quickpull and set it to do scheduled resets while your sleep. Keeps your phone healthy and does no harm against.
    07-03-09 12:05 AM
    I do a battery pull every so often. Usually when my app memory is less than 30 mb.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-03-09 12:18 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD