I've had my 9700 around 18 months and have had no problems with my battery until last week.

I have three batteries, all official and I generally charge my phone every night. Recently however, it has been dying on me in my sleep each night, with me going to bed with 50% of the battery left and waking up with it ran flat. I don't have any apps running and just have then phone locked each night by the side of my bed when it isn't on charge.

Really frustrating does anyone know what is going on?
    06-27-11 09:39 AM
    So all 3 batteries are doing the same thing?
    Sounds like its a handset problem. You probably have an app that has gotten corrupt or is running rouge and eating up battery by consuming processor time.
    Solution. Remove suspect apps or do an OS update.
    06-27-11 11:23 AM
    Both my 9700 & 8900 randomly turn themselves on without prompting by me or an incoming correspondence. It's really odd and I can't seem to figure out what the deal is, perhaps this is happening to you, because my battery life has significantly dropped on each due to this issue. I have all yhe same apps on all three of my BBs and only my 9780 seems not to be infected with this ***** disease. Anyway, just a thought.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-27-11 05:03 PM
    So all 3 batteries are doing the same thing?
    Sounds like its a handset problem. You probably have an app that has gotten corrupt or is running rouge and eating up battery by consuming processor time.
    Solution. Remove suspect apps or do an OS update.
    I would go this route. Check on each app and may need to delete each one, which can be lengthy or just do an os upgrade.

Good luck!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-27-11 05:51 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD