Uhm, i'm a new blackberry user, so i'm wondering if my battery has any problem. My battery seems to go down every 5% instead of 1%, is there something wrong with my battery?
    09-13-11 09:47 AM
    Do you mean it shows it going down in 5% increments? Or meterberry (or another app) shows a discharge rate of 5% per hour or something? Can you specify what you mean by 5%? My battery icon usually goes up and down in 10% increments (ie, 100, then 90, then 80 etc).
    09-13-11 10:17 AM
    Do you mean it shows it going down in 5% increments? Or meterberry (or another app) shows a discharge rate of 5% per hour or something? Can you specify what you mean by 5%? My battery icon usually goes up and down in 10% increments (ie, 100, then 90, then 80 etc).
    Yeah, i meant it goes down in 5% increment.
    09-15-11 10:03 AM
    I found that my Bold 9700 did that a lot. Battery life would generally be good, but then the machine would power off with a "Battery is drained" type message despite having two bars left on the battery meter. My 9780 never did that tho. I find it a little odd that yours does that.
    09-15-11 11:01 AM
    I guess it depends on the discharge rate. I mean, like I said mine goes down in 10% increments but it does take a while (usually a few hours) for it to drop 10% (from 100% to 90% and 90% to 80% etc...). So, if you're concerned that your battery is draining quickly there are many ways to improve battery life. Usually, the newer OS versions improve battery life (not always, though). Try updating to .650 if you haven't already. You can find links here:

http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...y-asia-643059/

Also, you can find battery saving tips here:
    http://crackberry.com/ten-tips-and-t...y-battery-life

If you've updated the OS and tried the tips suggested in the article and you've given it a week or two and still no improvement, you may need to consider a new battery. That should be your last resort, though, as batteries are pretty expensive Good luck!
    09-15-11 11:41 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD