I have had my bold for about 8 months now.
    When I first got it it would hold a charge for about 2 to 3 days depending on my use. And I used it alot. GPS, internet, talk time, all the things that eat up tons of battery.

Now it will barely last a day, even when I don't use it. If I spend anytime on the phone using any features I usually have to charge it early evening to make it through the full day.

my question is; is there any way to get the charge to last longer? to get the battery's memory to last longer? or is my battery just toast and I need a new one? is 8 months usually the time before a battery starts losing it's charge?

This did all start to happen when I started using a generic car charger. Could that of messed up the battery's charging memory too?

Please let know any insight you may have.

Thanks,
    D
    07-21-09 05:21 PM
    do you have any apps that star up in the background? try to go a full day with out using it, with a battery pull that morn. you might have a bad battery that went to pre-maturely
    07-21-09 05:38 PM
    Most places do not recommend using unofficial car chargers. They say it works up the battery too much, or something like that. You could also try wiping the phone and reinstalling the OS, or install a new one

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-21-09 06:20 PM
    There are a few remedies I would try before doing anything extreme (although buying a spare battery is a must for some). First off, check to see if have any applications running in the background. I usually check quickly by using the application switcher hold alt and press the back button. If you spot any other apps besides BB messenger, the Web, messages, and phone running, close them out. There are MANY apps out there that are known to drain battery life in the background. I also find that if I change the screen brightness to 10, or at least 50, I get substantially more time out of the phone. As for your memory problem, QuickPull is a great solution, or do a battery pull yourself every so often. Holding alt, then shift, then delete also works ; ) Throw out any applications you don't use also.

Beyond that, conditioning your battery correctly is about the only other suggestion I would give you other than just getting a new one!
    Last edited by GadgetBurn; 07-21-09 at 07:15 PM.
    07-21-09 07:10 PM
    Mine did the same thing. I fix it by upgrading the OS to .282.
    07-21-09 08:19 PM
    Buy an extended battery. Have on if interested.
    07-21-09 08:22 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD