Hey everyone!

I'm thinking about buying the BB bold 9780 soon but I'm a bit concerned about the battery life. Coming from a Sony Ericsson K750i that can keep me going all week long (if I use it just for calls and texts), I was wondering how long could the bold 9780 keep me going in these conditions :

- internet off
    - no data plan, so no BBM
    - switched off at night (let's say from midnight till 8 pm)
    - no or a few apps running

So basically, I would like to know how many days it would last me just for moderate texting (let's say 25 texts a day) and 15 minutes calls every day, in the conditions described above? (using it as a "classic phone")

Of course if I'm buying this phone it's not for this ONLY but I want to know because sometimes I travel abroad, I'm on the road, and I don't have a charger near me. That's why I need a phone that can keep me going for a long time...

Another question is whether you would advise me to get this phone knowing that it doesn't have OS7? The next generation of blackberries will have OS7 so I believe BB Bold 9780 will not go further than OS6, am I right? I don't want to buy the 9900 because the battery is poorer than on the 9780.

Thanks for your answers
    08-12-11 03:17 PM
    Don't get me wrong, I said I would use the internet and other stuff. I just need to know how it works in these conditions.
    08-12-11 03:46 PM
    I would say you should get 2-3 days out of it under those circumstances. I get about 2 under moderate use w/ data.
    08-12-11 06:49 PM
    It really depends. But there are a number of ways to extend battery life. I would reduce the screen brightness and turn off GPS (especially if you're not using apps that use GPS anyway).
    08-12-11 07:16 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD