The last few times I have been out of my home city (Toronto), whether it be 1 hour outside of the city (Kitchener) or in Montreal or in New York, my battery drains like mad. By mid-day it has one bar left and by mid-afternoon it is dead. (Note: I rarely talk on the phone and use it primarily for email. I do not use the media/music stuff).

I am using .266 OS.

When at home, my battery lasts for couple days. For example, yesterday I was in New York for the day. When I reached the airport at 4pm, the battery was dead. Today, at home, at the end of the day, I have nearly full battery life left.

Advice please!!!?? Thanks.

Jonathan
    06-17-09 10:16 PM
    Lucky you can switch to 2G, us AT&T people cannot without some modifications. Most likely you were in weak 3G areas while gone.
    06-17-09 10:44 PM
    In my experience it was the opposite. When I went away from my home city of NY to Toronto, my phone lasted much longer.

My theory is that (I'm about 99% sure this is true) the BB knows when it's on data roaming and therefore doesn't reconcile as often or check data in general as often. In fact I even seem to be getting my BES e-mails up to 2 minutes late. I'm happy though because it reduces my roaming costs.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-18-09 01:13 AM
    That would seem to confirm bt22's explanation. While in NY my 3G was weak. In Toronto it is very strong.
    However in Montreal it was strong too ... So?
    06-18-09 06:18 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD