Just wondered how much you all get out of your 9700 between charges? I'd say I use mine 'moderately' on most days...send a few SMS/BBM messages, maybe a couple of calls, a bit of surfing. WiFi isn't used when I'm at work.

I only get around a day out of it before having to recharge though...is that normal?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-26-10 03:35 PM
    Just wondered how much you all get out of your 9700 between charges? I'd say I use mine 'moderately' on most days...send a few SMS/BBM messages, maybe a couple of calls, a bit of surfing. WiFi isn't used when I'm at work.

I only get around a day out of it before having to recharge though...is that normal?

Out of the box, this is normal if your using 3g. What is your screen brightness set to? I have found that the lowest setting of 10 is more than enough for 99% of use. And it will seriously increase your battery life.
    04-26-10 03:48 PM
    I get a full day (8am to 12am) with moderate use. I don't use it all hours but I do glance often as my work emails come into my phone.

I am very happy with the battery as my 9000 was not too good at all.

04-26-10 03:49 PM
    i am getting about a day and a half and it is down to 2 bars. i get a lot of email, do a lot of texting and using socialscope. I do have the wifi on all the time too.
    04-26-10 03:53 PM
    My day start at 7am and finish at 11pm, when go to bed put to charge and release in the morning when wake up.
    Wifi always on, at home, office and friends house just because orange UK is ****.
    Around 100 minutes talk time week days every day.
    4 -5 hours music player.
    1 or 2 hours internet.
    Too much download at app world just for test.
    2 or 3 reset daily.

At end of the day I've 20 to 30% of the battery.

My phone is 2 months old.

After charge from friday to saturday just recharge at sunday night but still 50 to 60% remaining.

Orange have some trouble at their 3g network, so I just use 2G, unless at work because is the only place where it work.

My screen brightness is 10% more than enough and really save a lot battery.
    04-26-10 03:59 PM
    I had my 9700 for about 2 weeks now and loving it. I'm mostly on 3G and when I'm at work, it switches to EDGE and 3G. Battery life is awesome and keeps me well charged for about 2 days before charging it again. Here's what I use.

Web surfing - 30 mins during the whole day
    Associated Press app - reading the news for 30 mins.
    SMS/BBM - all day
    Music - about 1 hour before boss comes in.
    Talk time - 10 mins a day.
    04-26-10 05:36 PM
    My 9700 battery life is great in my opinion. I use my phone all day long, lots of texting, moderate calls and surfing. I charge the phone every night and normally when I go to sleep and put it on the charger the battery is near 60%.
    04-26-10 05:40 PM
    i get down to around 15-20% before i go to sleep every day. its off the charger from 9 AM-3 AM and i mainly just listen to music, BBM and check twitter with some occasional web surfing. with my 9000 itd be down to 20% by around 3 PM with the same type of usage.
    04-26-10 06:50 PM
    Ive been on mine since 6am using a lot of data and right now Im still at 34%. iPhone users-dont try this at home
    04-26-10 07:36 PM
    Can usually get a full day (7a-11p) and still be at 30-40%... Including a couple hrs of browsing scattered throughout the day...

Web browsing is the biggest draw... With minimal browsing I could probably squeeze out 2 days (7a to 11p the next day)...

No complaints on batt life from me... Especially after coming from a Nexus (could barely get 12 hrs out of a charge!)

Last edited by mi_canuck; 04-27-10 at 01:41 PM.
    04-26-10 07:38 PM
    I get a day and a half easily on a full charge, moderate use.
    04-26-10 07:42 PM
    Turning down the screen brightness seems to have made a big difference!
    04-27-10 11:09 AM
    2+ days with moderate usage
    04-27-10 11:22 AM
    i get around 2 days the max. heavy usage at one point of the day.
    04-27-10 11:43 AM
    I am not impressed with the battery life of my 9700. I usually get from 5am - 4pm before i have to put my spare battery in.
    I have UberTwitter open all day, BBM a lot, text a fair amount, email a bit, surf the web some and listen to podcasts for 2 hours a day.
    I do use my BB a lot but I would love a full day before needing to charge/change battery.
    04-27-10 01:06 PM
    Try doing that with another phone....
    04-27-10 01:12 PM
    Yeah. I am just very demanding!!
    I am under the illusion that the battery life was better with my first 9700 but that was probably because I had fewer apps on it and used it less for power hungry features.
    04-27-10 01:14 PM
    I am not impressed with the battery life of my 9700. I usually get from 5am - 4pm before i have to put my spare battery in.
    I have UberTwitter open all day, BBM a lot, text a fair amount, email a bit, surf the web some and listen to podcasts for 2 hours a day.
    I do use my BB a lot but I would love a full day before needing to charge/change battery.
    A few questions.
    3g?
    Wifi?
    Bluetooth?
    Screen Brightness Level?
    On any device, the screen is the biggest power hog, lower the brightness level and you will be amazed at what happens to the battery life. The screen on the 9700 is so good that at the lowest setting of 10, its perfectly fine, and when I increase the level, I don't even notice much of a difference.
    You can also set the backlight timeout to a lower setting, say 30seconds, that way when you arent using it, it will shut off the screen.
    04-27-10 01:17 PM
    A few questions.
    3g?
    Wifi?
    Bluetooth?
    Screen Brightness Level?
    On any device, the screen is the biggest power hog, lower the brightness level and you will be amazed at what happens to the battery life. The screen on the 9700 is so good that at the lowest setting of 10, its perfectly fine, and when I increase the level, I don't even notice much of a difference.
    You can also set the backlight timeout to a lower setting, say 30seconds, that way when you arent using it, it will shut off the screen.
    3G
    NO Wifi
    NO Bluetooth
    Brightness = 10

I do have the screen timeout to 30secs so might give the reducing that a shot.
    04-27-10 01:20 PM
    My phone struggles to get 3G signal all day, that little arrow is always going back and forth. I still get about 1.5days out of it. With 50-60 sms a day, 20 bbm's, 2hrs of talk.

Is there anyway to turn off the brightening of the backlight when in lots of sun?
    04-27-10 01:21 PM
    3G
    NO Wifi
    NO Bluetooth
    Brightness = 10

11hours straight of constant use really isn't bad for a phone, especially with 3g.
    If you were to lock it to 2g you would prolly get a few more hours out of it, but to me 3g is worth having to top it off once a day, especially when you consider how fast these bad boys charge.
    04-27-10 01:25 PM
    My phone struggles to get 3G signal all day, that little arrow is always going back and forth. I still get about 1.5days out of it. With 50-60 sms a day, 20 bbm's, 2hrs of talk.

Is there anyway to turn off the brightening of the backlight when in lots of sun?
    Don't think you can turn that feature off. It does that so you can actually see the screen. If it didn't you wouldn't be able to use the phone in bright sun light.
    04-27-10 01:26 PM
    Don't think you can turn that feature off. It does that so you can actually see the screen. If it didn't you wouldn't be able to use the phone in bright sun light.
    Thanks for the quick reply. Is it normal for that little arrow to be going both directions when it isnt getting emails or bbm's?
    04-27-10 01:30 PM
    Yes. That is your send/receive signal. It is normal for it to 'flicker'. (couldn't think of another word)
    04-27-10 01:35 PM
    3G
    NO Wifi
    NO Bluetooth
    Brightness = 10

something sounds amiss... I have 3G, WiFi and GPS all on... and probably have easily 50% by the 11hr mark if not more...
    04-27-10 01:42 PM
59 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD