So last night I charged my phone until full and unplugged it at around half eleven.

Anyway I wake up at half 10 to find my alarm hasn't gone off and my battery has completely drained.

Funny thing is my brothers has done the exact same thing, our batteries are now running down much quicker than usual, is there any explanation?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-11-10 05:52 PM
    Possibly due to not knowing what is running in the Background of your device.... hold down the Menu key for a couple seconds... this will display the app switcher, scroll left and right... there should be only 5 apps, possibly 6: browser, messenger, messages, home, phone, and possibly visual voice mail.

There are some apps that can run, not showing up in that list... like UberTwitter... if you don't look at and uncheck the run in background checkbox in the Options. You have to know what is running on your device.

By the way, dead batteries are not good for Blackberry batteries... if they die once, they will die even quicker the next time.
    04-11-10 06:00 PM
    Hi, I just got my Blackberry two weeks ago and noticed this problem just recently too. The battery life seems to go from 100% to 30% in one day. When I tried your advice, I saw that I had Apps World in my application and I closed it. Could that be the reason for the swift depletion of battery life? Thanks so much for the advice!
    04-11-10 09:21 PM
    Hi, I just got my Blackberry two weeks ago and noticed this problem just recently too. The battery life seems to go from 100% to 30% in one day. When I tried your advice, I saw that I had Apps World in my application and I closed it. Could that be the reason for the swift depletion of battery life? Thanks so much for the advice!
    App world wouldn't drain your battery that bad, a bad 3G connection or a app that is trying to locate your gps location would do this but if your not running anything in the background you might have a bad battery.

04-11-10 09:31 PM
    The only other thing I see in the background is Enhanced Gmail Plug-in besides the normal 5 listed by fatboy97 above. I've also noticed that the sending and receiving signal keeps appearing even though I have no browser or internet connections opened. Is there a way I can close all the apps? Sorry for the trouble.
    04-11-10 09:35 PM
    The standard apps you can't close are BBM, messages, phone, and the browser anything else you should be able to close. If you can't figure out how to close something, pull the battery.

04-11-10 09:42 PM
    ok thank you! Will try it out and see what happens!
    04-11-10 09:51 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD