So it doesn't happen often but every 5 days my Bold will get EXTREMELY hot after 30 minutes of removing it from the charger at 100% fully charged. It gets so hot to the point I honestly believe I could scramble eggs on the screen (ok maybe an exaggeration, but it's really bad). Also the battery indicator turns red and the radio shuts off.

I made the call to have a replacement battery sent out. Hopefully its just that and not the actual device. Any input?
    05-29-09 12:34 AM
    If it happens again, you're gonna have to take it to a store and get it looked at or swapped out. Start backing up your files.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-29-09 12:49 AM
    Wow this just happened to me today for the first time.
    05-29-09 01:11 AM
    I had that with my first bold. The thing got so hot I thought it was going to exploed. Then the battery would no longer charge until it cooled off. Which took about 20 minutes. By that time I had about 10% battery left. Tried a new battery but that did nithing. Got a new bold and all is fine
    Ok and the first bokd was only 3 days old.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-29-09 07:31 AM
    it's a flaw with some headsets, but I wouldn't think those would be around much anymore... search on google and you'll find a lot of answers. it was the main reason bold sales were stalled in japan.
    05-29-09 09:23 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD