Wi-Fi Unlimited at Starbucks

Unlimited Evenings & Wknd from 7PM

International Text

Unlimited Incoming Text

Unlimited Picture Messaging

Unlimited Text to Canada

Pay per use Voice - U.S. Roaming

Standard LD Rate (to U.S. & CAN)

Additional local minutes are 40¢/min. Long distance charges on calls to Canada or the U.S. are 40¢/min. in addition to your local per minute rate.

Individual features:

Call Display ($7.00/mo)

Other Charges:

NS Govt 911 Fee ($0.43/mo.)

Based on how I use my phone, I'm happy with my plan and staying with Virgin. Rogers, Telus & Bell are so 90's ... it's all about Fido, Kodoo & Virgin now!

What an awful plan and fido is owned by rogers.
    04-13-12 09:08 PM
    I don't know yet about the battery life but it definitely made the phone faster! Thanks for the tip!
    04-14-12 12:41 AM
    Blackberry Protect can remotely turn on the GPS on the phone from the website should your phone go missing, so there is no requirement to leave the GPS on all the time in order for it to work.

My GPS is on all the time, and it has no major impact on my battery or my data.

JB
    are you sure? i dont see this option on the website...
    04-14-12 02:29 AM
    i second that. my battery lasts around 40 hours now.

That's a good figure. Could you comment on its battery charging cycle prior the update?

I have 7 0 0 585 and it last 12 hours.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 using Tapatalk
    04-14-12 02:42 AM
    I find it hard to believe you guys have batteries that last 40+ hours....
    04-14-12 06:21 AM
    I find it hard to believe you guys have batteries that last 40+ hours....
    Well, it depends on the usage, doesnt it?
    04-14-12 07:41 AM
    yep. i get 60+ hours from mine...leaving it on standby and never using the stupid thing!
    04-14-12 07:46 AM
    I'm running OS 7.1.0.267 Is there much battery life improvement on more recent builds? I only ask because I am very happy overall with this version, but would consider a version upgrade if there was somewhat significant battery life improvement.

Thanks.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900
    04-14-12 09:05 AM
    I'm running OS 7.1.0.267 Is there much battery life improvement on more recent builds? I only ask because I am very happy overall with this version, but would consider a version upgrade if there was somewhat significant battery life improvement.

Thanks.

.267 is my favorite ! Can you tell me which carrier you have downloaded this from, with link, would be thankful
    And yes i think so, cause .267 has a better battery life than .342!
    04-14-12 11:34 AM
    I got very bad battery life on 342.
    205 seems to be the best for me still.

40 hours??????
    How many charges in between?

Mine hardly lasts 12 hours on my use.
    linuxbbm likes this.
    04-14-12 12:24 PM
    I got very bad battery life on 342.
    205 seems to be the best for me still.

40 hours??????
    How many charges in between?

Mine hardly lasts 12 hours on my use.
    Well, Yes i noticed it too, .318 drains more quickly tho than .342 but yeah I think previous 7.1 releases had a better battery life, what do you think?
    04-14-12 12:34 PM
    lol u bb fanboys crack me up. you stick with BB because of "superior battery life" yet you all have worse battery life than an iphone, and you have to turn off all your modern smartphone features in order to make the thing last more than half a day!

i get the keyboard addicition, i really do. but as an owner of a 9930 and an ip4s, a modern smartphone should be able to keep all its functionality active thruout the day, as i am paying for a data plan i intend to use. i refuse. i repeat, i REFUSE, to pay for a 3g data plan, yet turn my 3g/gps off and stick with 2g just in order to have my phone last past 2pm as this DEFEATS THE PURPOSE OF A SMARTPHONE.

call me a troll but my iphone4s battery life literally sh!ts all over my 9930 and it was 100$ less. not to mention there is literally an app for almost anything.
    alpha beta gaga likes this.
    04-14-12 12:35 PM
    Well, Yes i noticed it too, .318 drains more quickly tho than .342 but yeah I think previous 7.1 releases had a better battery life, what do you think?
    Used them all from .190 upwards and to be honest have not really noticed any great fluctuation in battery life.
    04-14-12 12:36 PM
    lol u bb fanboys crack me up. you stick with BB because of "superior battery life" yet you all have worse battery life than an iphone, and you have to turn off all your modern smartphone features in order to make the thing last more than half a day!

i get the keyboard addicition, i really do. but as an owner of a 9930 and an ip4s, a modern smartphone should be able to keep all its functionality active thruout the day, as i am paying for a data plan i intend to use. i refuse. i repeat, i REFUSE, to pay for a 3g data plan, yet turn my 3g/gps off and stick with 2g just in order to have my phone last past 2pm as this DEFEATS THE PURPOSE OF A SMARTPHONE.

call me a troll but my iphone4s battery life literally sh!ts all over my 9930 and it was 100$ less. not to mention there is literally an app for almost anything.
    Look? Not all are having issues and even apple have had battery issues in their OS and they released an update i remember, so yeah! and that problem is solved for your information, my phone have still about 70% and been 12 hours in which i used the phone heavily on wifi
    04-14-12 12:38 PM

Have fun playing with your I Toy apps while we get on with running our businesses using our communication devices
    04-14-12 12:41 PM

Just a shame when your precious iphone battery does drain that you can not just take it out and swap it with a fully charged spare one!

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 using Tapatalk
    04-14-12 12:43 PM
    Have fun playing with your I Toy apps while we get on with running our businesses using our communication devices
    HAHAHA!
    04-14-12 12:44 PM
    spoken like a true ignoramus. i realize ignorance is bliss and that people like to get behind the company they chose to support. i also realize this is a blackberry fan site where people come together based upon their mutual adoration of BB devices.

however,

my "itoy" allows me to do every function my blackberry 9930 does, as well as my 9650, my 9530, my 8830 and the 9630 i used to have before giving it away.

in addition to literally every feature of a blackberry, my "itoy" also allows me to take and edit wonderful photos, play computer quality games if i so please (very rare but i do have gta3 which is a great time killer), allows me to remotely control my itunes library, and download all my music from the cloud. it allows for the viewing of PDF files much smoother than my 9930 (i do this often as a graphic design student) as well as a much cleaner interface for ereading/document viewing. it allows for facetime (something i dont use, but appreciate the option), smooth syncing with my computer, and a relatively smooth user experience for the most part. (yes it has its occasional issues, just like every smartphone, but it is also jailbroken yet still runs much much smoother than my 9930 ever has.)

as i said before, i get the keyboard addiction i really do. i still hate typing on my touchscreen, but you know what? im getting used to it. and you know what else? imessage lets me do the same thing as BBM. i get typing notifications, read reciepts, group chat, and guess what? it even works over wifi. and when mountain lion drops i will be able to switch from my mac to my iphone and pick up my conversation where i left off. i admit that the push email on a BB is a bit nicer than on ios, but i still receive push notifications, my email is still there when i need it, its never truncated, and always displays in html.

BBOS offers great app integration on the OS level. this is someting ios lacks. it also offers great shortcuts for navigating the OS with hot keys on the keyboard.

however, one must buy applications such as quicklaunch or shortcutme to fully utilize this functionality as RIM has not bothered to include it as stock. the same goes for the Cracklight. this is a killer feature and one i miss dearly, but why is the color customization left to 3rd party apps? why is RIM not including these features?

the days of BB being a "business device" are waning as their once superior fucntionality is being met and/or surpassed by the competition. yes they still have the better security model, but for the majority this is not a huge issue as most people are not dealing with high risk data. most people want the most functionality they can get from one device. this is where BB fails.

in this day and age the BB is becoming notihng more than a glorified pager, yet its data plans cost the same as the top android and iphone plans. how is this fair to the consumer?
    04-14-12 01:20 PM
    The direction of this thread is severely off topic. Enjoy your iphone somewhere else. Your input is not helpful or wanted.

I wish I could post a link where I got 267 but it was a while back when it just came out. I cannot recall where.

Dropping the radio to 2g really did help with my battery life.

04-14-12 01:29 PM
    Just a shame when your precious iphone battery does drain that you can not just take it out and swap it with a fully charged spare one!

just a shame when your precious BB battery dies at 2pm and forces u to wait 5minutes while it slowly reboots after having swapped it out.

just a shame when you want to uninstall that app thats making ur entire device lag but have to wait 5mins for it to reboot after u do.

just a shame when you want to install any app but have to wait 5mins while the BB reboots before u can use it.

just a shame when you want to take a close up picture but u cant because RIM decided you dont need an autofocus camera.

just a shame when your friends invite you to play a game but u cant because no developers want to support bbos.

Just a shame when you go to take ur 9930 off the charger but its bricked itself overnite. again.

just a shame when you want to want to do something quickly but your BBs ancient OS cant keep up and ur stuck with the spinning clock.

just a shame its 2012, you have a 1ghz processor in your 9930 and your still struggling to run apps and still doing battery pulls and soft resets everyday.

i could go on..
    04-14-12 01:31 PM
    The direction of this thread is severely off topic. Enjoy your iphone somewhere else. Your input is not helpful or wanted.

I wish I could post a link where I got 267 but it was a while back when it just came out. I cannot recall where.

BLAH, but thank you!
    04-14-12 01:31 PM

i made a statment very relevent to this thread. i dont understand why you guys want to pay for a data plan then rip yourselves off by using 2g? turning off 3g and gps defeat the purpose of having the smartphone imo. this is a problem i have not run into on ios.
    04-14-12 01:36 PM
    spoken like a true ignoramus. i realize ignorance is bliss and that people like to get behind the company they chose to support. i also realize this is a blackberry fan site where people come together based upon their mutual adoration of BB devices.

in addition to literally every feature of a blackberry, my "itoy" also allows me to take and edit wonderful photos, play computer quality games if i so please (very rare but i do have gta3 which is a great time killer), allows me to remotely control my itunes library, and download all my music from the cloud.
    ?
    I'm far from being a BB "fanboy" as you put it, in fact the 9900 is my first such device.

What you describe your I Phone as being able to do in addition to the 9930 is everything I don't want or need from a phone.

I Pods are for music, Cameras are for photos and games can be played on all manner of things if that's what turns you on.

I want and need a reliable communications device which the BB is, no battery issues whatsoever, no apps needed, all games and social networking crap and BBM shrunk out.

Gets e.mails faster than my laptop, holds a good signal, helps me run my business. Thats what I bought it for.

If you want or need to do things that BB can't do or the I Phone does better then that's fine by me, use and enjoy.

BTW, don't know where you get your 5 minute reboots from, just done mine and timed it at 58 seconds.
    Last edited by Legal Eagle; 04-14-12 at 01:51 PM.
    04-14-12 01:38 PM
    Please everyone ignore DarshOne, there's no winning an argument with him. He has his opinion and we have ours. Please keep this thread on topic and ignore him.

On topic, I'm going to see how deleting social feeds and turning off location services will affect the battery life on my 9860.
    04-14-12 05:44 PM
    I deleted BlackBerry Protect long ago. I've been thinking about deleting social feeds. My battery is fine but I could use the extra memory.
    04-14-12 08:58 PM
62 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD