I was reading the article on 9900 battery life on: Ten Tips and Tricks to Extend your BlackBerry Battery Life! | CrackBerry.com Under "6. Use the Auto On/Off feature or Bedside Mode", they talk about the two types.

My question is, is bedside mode will give more longevity on holding charge during the three year use of the phone OR auto turn on/off? I am not talking about the daily usage time, I am taking about the battery degeneration over period of time.

So... what do you guys think? Auto off and auto on at night OR bedside menu?
    08-31-11 11:39 PM
    Depends on who's theories you will listen to about the negatives and positives of turning on and off a device powered by a battery.

The difference your looking for is so minor it's not worthy of contemplation simply because it will be for a 3 year period, in which the battery will die down mainly due to your day to day usage, and from what i've read, I havent seen someone do lithium ion tests of this nature to firmly say what is what. There are way to many variables such as temperature and humidity exposure that would influence such advice as well.

Lock/Bedside is the same thing as long as all radio's are off. To be honest, turn it off if you forsee yourself not using it for more than a day, otherwise just lock/bedside with all radio's off.
    08-31-11 11:50 PM
    I will have my phone plugged during the night. So, it it better on beside mode or auto on/off? Another thing I want to know is auto on/off is same as soft reboot?
    08-31-11 11:54 PM
    After waiting so long for an answer... I decided to asked again.... anyone here find that auto on/off improve your battery's lifespan?
    10-14-11 12:28 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD