I'm also having battery issues.

On 2nd day, battery died on me at 6pm (unplugged at 7am).

Besides receiving emails (150-200), I didn't use my phone much.

Uninstalled WeatherEye and manage to get home with 25% left (7:30pm). Same usage...

I'm starting to wonder if I have a faulty battery... I'm really disappointed at this.

(My coworkers iPhone 4 was at 70% when we left the office and just like me he's just been receiving emails on it).
    08-16-11 10:11 PM
    I don't see how people say battery life is good. Its junk. doesn't last a whole day for me. Unplugged at 7 am with lots bbm and txts like 5 emails, and 2-3 short phone calls and some web browsing and died at like 2. Fully charged it and I'm at 34% already at 9 pm. Hopefully updates can improve battery life quite a bit.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-16-11 10:18 PM
    it seems that peoples opinion of there 9900's battery life has gone down quickly :s
    08-18-11 07:56 AM
    It is really short. I use the rapid charger from the Playbook to charge my 9900.
    how quick is the rapid charger at charging the 9900 fully
    08-18-11 07:56 AM
    it seems that peoples opinion of there 9900's battery life has gone down quickly :s
    Not so, i upded to the latest official OS release and my battery is much much better. My day is about 15 hours long of moderate use and i am looking at 75 percent left.
    08-18-11 08:10 AM
    which os are you running now
    08-18-11 08:27 AM
    i started a separate thread on this issue and was told i was in the minority of users affected by this.

Well from the posts above it seems there are more and more people struggling with it.

I can now say that after 2 days of use the battery seems to have improved a lot today. Maybe it just needed to settle in a little bit I don't know.

I've made a few calls, received a few; sent a few emails, received about 50. Screen brightness is set at 50% and the backlight timed for 10s. .296 version on Vodafone UK.

Off the charger at 9am, down to 80% at 1530. To be honest, that's not too bad compared to the 6hr drain to zero I experienced yesterday!

I would say give it a few days to see if things improve. If not, then talk to your carrier; and if no joy get them to put you in touch with Blackberry tech support. I tried to do it independently and BB told me it would cost $49 just to chat with them, but if done through my carrier it would be free.

Re: the gay ipodesque charger, I've managed to get the new 9900 dock from play.com in the UK for �15.99 inc delivery, result. Gonna sit right next to me all day at the office so I can keep an eye on it!!
    08-18-11 09:32 AM
    Another thing to try is to turn off compression if you have an sd card. I'm not sure why, but I remember a lot of Torch users had battery draining due to this being enabled on their SD cards.
    08-18-11 09:43 AM
    i started a separate thread on this issue and was told i was in the minority of users affected by this.

Well from the posts above it seems there are more and more people struggling with it.

I can now say that after 2 days of use the battery seems to have improved a lot today. Maybe it just needed to settle in a little bit I don't know.

I've made a few calls, received a few; sent a few emails, received about 50. Screen brightness is set at 50% and the backlight timed for 10s. .296 version on Vodafone UK.

Off the charger at 9am, down to 80% at 1530. To be honest, that's not too bad compared to the 6hr drain to zero I experienced yesterday!

I would say give it a few days to see if things improve. If not, then talk to your carrier; and if no joy get them to put you in touch with Blackberry tech support. I tried to do it independently and BB told me it would cost $49 just to chat with them, but if done through my carrier it would be free.

Re: the gay ipodesque charger, I've managed to get the new 9900 dock from play.com in the UK for �15.99 inc delivery, result. Gonna sit right next to me all day at the office so I can keep an eye on it!!
    down to 80 !?! ONLY thats good. was it heavy usage
    08-18-11 09:47 AM
    This is my second day with it after a full overnight charge and I find it pretty much the same as my 9700. Not too bad especially as I drive about all day, I listened to an hour podcast and 1.5 hours of browsing so far. Nearly 4 PM and I'm not in the red yet. Total usage it's over 3 hours and 11 hours iddle.
    Off the charger at 6am.

Last edited by belfastdispatcher; 08-18-11 at 09:51 AM.
    08-18-11 09:48 AM
    I may be wrong, but I thought that your standard Lithium Ion batteries required about 4-5 charge cycles to reach full capacity. Has anyone read the manual to see if this is the case?

I know my 9700 had pretty poor battery life the first week, but after that, it got much better.
    08-18-11 09:51 AM
    I deleted weather eye and I've seen a much improved battery life.

08-18-11 09:51 AM
    down to 80 !?! ONLY thats good. was it heavy usage
    Like I said, not a huge amount of calls, about 60mins. Maybe 50 emails, some BBM and it's still rocking along!

Now I'm used to this touch screen, it's starting to feel good!
    08-18-11 09:57 AM
    Anybody else find the screen quite bright even on the lowest setting?

08-18-11 10:02 AM
    Another thing to try is to turn off compression if you have an sd card. I'm not sure why, but I remember a lot of Torch users had battery draining due to this being enabled on their SD cards.
    Oh, how do I do this, please?
    08-18-11 10:05 AM
    Oh, how do I do this, please?
    Open options and type "storage" click on it and the option is at the top.

bigbamboo likes this.
    08-18-11 10:13 AM
    Open options and type "storage" click on it and the option is at the top.

Thanks. Is there any downside to doing this?
    08-18-11 10:16 AM
    I have no idea

08-18-11 10:17 AM
    Like I said, not a huge amount of calls, about 60mins. Maybe 50 emails, some BBM and it's still rocking along!

Now I'm used to this touch screen, it's starting to feel good!
    very excited to get this device
    08-18-11 10:18 AM

Not that I've ever heard of. It's likely a relic from when storage size was small and every kb counted. But who knows if its even a factor in the battery life of the 9900. Something to try though.
    08-18-11 10:30 AM
    Its good to hear that the official os updates and leaked os updates have helped considerably with the bold's battery life
    08-18-11 11:09 AM
71 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD