Before I get my Bold 9900 i just wanted to know what is the battery life on the Bold 9900 like. Is it comparable to the battery life on the previous bold's
    08-10-11 06:53 AM
    All depends. Not at first as you can not keep your hands off of it.

After weeks with mine, I must say it get slightly less than my 9780 but still come home with 40-60% remaining after 40-60 emails and 2000 minutes a month use. I do not do games but do track stocks and other tasks on the Internet.

I am on my original OS and surely the newer updates will tweak the power even more!
    08-10-11 07:00 AM
    Well that is impressive. i would have thought even with the new OS that the battery life would be considerably less as it is so thin. Im a blackberry addict so hearing how much you use it and that you have plenty of battery remaining is definitely a good sign
    08-10-11 07:03 AM
    The battery life could get better/worse in the future with all of the OS updates coming. I have been hardcore trolling and I haven't seen anything on the processor itself. Does it automatically scale up and down to help conserve battery? I loved that about putting custom kernals on my Captivate. While not being used I had it downscale to 100mhz.
    08-10-11 09:07 AM
    Battery life Is important to me because I use my blackberry ALOT

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-10-11 09:34 AM
    I've had tuneinradio running over wifi for the past three hours and the battery bar has hardly moved. I was worried, but so far so good.
    08-10-11 10:01 AM
    I've had tuneinradio running over wifi for the past three hours and the battery bar has hardly moved. I was worried, but so far so good.
    Try it without wifi ie 3G or GPRS
    08-10-11 10:06 AM
    Normally you would have to wait a few days to a week to make sure the battery starts to "settle in" to your usage. After 4 hours of being off the charger this morning and using it pretty much non stop. This is my day so far:

Web browsing, ~200 bbm's sent ~200 recieved, a few 2-3 minute calls, played music for an hour, recorded 2 1 minute HD videos, took 1 picture, non stop twitter and facebook usage and a few texts.

Right now my battery is at 70%

This is a regular day usage for me (minus the videos and pictures) and i usually get 80% on my 9700 by now. BUT i just got the phone yesterday so dont assume the battery is bad. Just got to wait for a few more days to wait for the battery to settle. Besides, if it is a software issue thats casuing bad battery life then you already know that rim is on top of that and is making it better in a new software release. But I personally dont see a problem with the battery life right now being a software problem.

P.S I am on 7.0.0.261 (Rogers default)
    mssca likes this.
    08-10-11 10:14 AM
    Normally you would have to wait a few days to a week to make sure the battery starts to "settle in" to your usage. After 4 hours of being off the charger this morning and using it pretty much non stop. This is my day so far:

Web browsing, ~200 bbm's sent ~200 recieved, a few 2-3 minute calls, played music for an hour, recorded 2 1 minute HD videos, took 1 picture, non stop twitter and facebook usage and a few texts.

This is a regular day usage for me (minus the videos and pictures) and i usually get 80% on my 9700 by now. BUT i just got the phone yesterday so dont assume the battery is bad. Just got to wait for a few more days to wait for the battery to settle. Besides, if it is a software issue thats casuing bad battery life then you already know that rim is on top of that and is making it better in a new software release. But I personally dont see a problem with the battery life right now being a software problem.

I`de consider that pretty good, it will definatey get you through the day.
    08-10-11 10:31 AM

Thanks Ganon541 for your Inof! That sounds great battery life to me.
    08-10-11 10:37 AM
    taken off at 7:30am .. it's now noon..

at 60%

meterberry is saying it's discharging at 4.1% an hour ..

.296 vodafone official..
    08-10-11 10:58 AM
    Everyone seems to be very pleased with how the 9900's battery is doing . this only makes me want to get it more. have to wait until it gets released in london
    How is the processor doing ? any clocks
    08-10-11 01:09 PM
    Everyone seems to be very pleased with how the 9900's battery is doing . this only makes me want to get it more. have to wait until it gets released in london
    How is the processor doing ? any clocks
    No i havent gotten any clocks yet except when i was downloading/installing apps from the AppWorld (but its normal for it to pop up then). But when it pops up for that it pops up for less then a second then continues to download/install. But to answer your actual question.. The processor is fantasic! Fastest BB yet.
    08-10-11 01:46 PM
    ohh thats another question i was wondering. currently the phone goes into a complete slow down if you attempt to download ANYTHING from AppWorld. how does this hold up, are other usable during the download

I really can not wait for this device. it looks amazing although i do not really like the design of the back
    08-10-11 01:51 PM
    ohh thats another question i was wondering. currently the phone goes into a complete slow down if you attempt to download ANYTHING from AppWorld. how does this hold up, are other usable during the download

I really can not wait for this device. it looks amazing although i do not really like the design of the back
    The phone is still usable when your downloading/installing on the Appworld. But you will still get the clock the same way how i said in my previous post (half a second). The design at the back is amazing, great feel to it and gives it a classy look. You don't notice it on pictures but when you get it you will love it.
    08-10-11 02:03 PM
    the cases that have been made for the device also seem like a great addition and look better than any blackberry with a case on it. All these improvements to blackberry's seem to be making it quite possible that the 9900 will be able to upgrade to QNX next year
    08-10-11 02:13 PM
    the cases that have been made for the device also seem like a great addition and look better than any blackberry with a case on it. All these improvements to blackberry's seem to be making it quite possible that the 9900 will be able to upgrade to QNX next year
    Ouch man. Sorry to hear about your 9800... You really need to get this phone. Haha.
    08-10-11 02:15 PM
    i know. i was excited to get a new phone even when i had the 9800 and now that i have the 8520 that excitement has almost quadrupled !
    08-10-11 02:19 PM
    i know. i was excited to get a new phone even when i had the 9800 and now that i have the 8520 that excitement has almost quadrupled !
    I know how you feel. My Torch broke over a week ago and wouldn't boot up for hours at a time... This 9900 is my temporary phone until my 9800 is fixed.
    08-10-11 02:26 PM
    I'm excited but I think I'm going to wait just a bit. Quickly jumped on the 9780 without reading user reviews and BAM got hit with the keyboard fault. I'm looking at battery life. The battery got smaller to 1230mAh from 1500mAh and being on Bell, we're stuck on 3G (or in this case 4G?) so I can't just switch to EDGE/2G to try to save power. Although the 9780 is great on battery life, my 8830 w/ CDMA was AMAZING. Hopefully software has been tweaked/configured to maximize battery even if it has gone smaller.
    08-10-11 02:28 PM
    I'm excited but I think I'm going to wait just a bit. Quickly jumped on the 9780 without reading user reviews and BAM got hit with the keyboard fault. I'm looking at battery life. The battery got smaller to 1230mAh from 1500mAh and being on Bell, we're stuck on 3G (or in this case 4G?) so I can't just switch to EDGE/2G to try to save power. Although the 9780 is great on battery life, my 8830 w/ CDMA was AMAZING. Hopefully software has been tweaked/configured to maximize battery even if it has gone smaller.
    If you look at the official battery ratings on blackberry.com, you'll see that the 9900 has better battery life than the 9780 in all categories except standby time.
    08-10-11 02:32 PM
    1. You have a 9900 has a temporary phone ? Why don't you keep that instead of going back to the 9800 ?
    2. Wow it has better battery life than the 9780 ? The 9900 is just thrashing in all categories !

08-10-11 02:46 PM
    If you look at the official battery ratings on blackberry.com, you'll see that the 9900 has better battery life than the 9780 in all categories except standby time.
    Thanks. Checked out the comparison and looks like at the minimum, it should be on par with the 9780 which gives me a a good idea. Will still see what users are experiencing before making the switch.
    08-10-11 02:47 PM
    YAAAAAAAAYYYYYYYYYYY!!! This great batt life is all I wanted. I kind of got irritated with the camera, but then I decided not to care about it. I just want thin and long battery life. And good ridence with this torch. My battery has gotten worse. And the damn clock! My 9700 was 2x better. Now this should be 9900X better. Glad to hear this good news

Ps. I will miss the screen size, but do you know anyone who wants to buy a torch?

08-10-11 03:21 PM
    That is very impressive

08-10-11 03:21 PM
71 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD