for some reason my 9650's battery always drops to about 85% within 15-20 minutes after unplugging from a full charge, then begins to deplete at a normal rate. this is my first bb so i'm wondering - is this something i should expect to work itself out soon?
    06-15-10 02:02 PM
    I took mine off the charger at my office at 100%. That was 3 hours ago and it's still at 100%. Making calls on the way home, reading e-mails, and have been on WiFi since being home.
    06-15-10 06:55 PM
    Mine's been off the charger since 5:30 this morning, still at 85%
    06-15-10 07:21 PM
    i did like 5 battery pulls once i got my phone 3 hrs ago battery stayed at the same level
    06-15-10 07:23 PM
    for some reason my 9650's battery always drops to about 85% within 15-20 minutes after unplugging from a full charge, then begins to deplete at a normal rate.
    I've noticed that if I remove my phone from the charger the minute it peaks, it depletes the first 10% or so rather fast like you described. If I remove it after an overnight charge, it'll remain at 100% for the first few hours of usage.

I don't know if this phenomenon holds true for this battery/charger combination, but usually when a charger indicates that the battery is charged, it is only charged to about 90-95%. The charger will continue charging at a very low charge rate (trickle charge) until the battery is truly at 100% [or greater] capacity. I never concerned myself with what you described because I attributed it to the phenomenon I described - not knowing for sure whether or not that is truly the case.

Also, if you use your car charger, you're not getting a 'deep' charge and it will deplete faster than if you had used an A/C regulated charger which charges at a much slower rate and imparts what's called a 'deep trickle charge'.
    Last edited by RegE; 06-15-10 at 07:27 PM. Reason: Phraseology
    06-15-10 07:23 PM
    I unplugged my phone around 9 am this morning, used voice, text, surfing the net with wifi on all day and it's 10:42 and I still have 40% left.
    06-15-10 09:43 PM
    I have the wifi and sim card both turned off. I have been off charger for about 14 hrs now with calls, constant internet use and texting and am still at 75%. Maybe check if its auto between cdma and gsm? Also if you aren't in wifi area turn that off so it doesn't search?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-15-10 10:43 PM
    The first Bold I purchased did that. I returned it for another one. The new one doesn't have that issue anymore.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-15-10 11:42 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD