I have a blackberry bold 9000 and the battery has now become puffy and squishy (the only way to describe it) and wont fit into the phone, could someone tell me how the H.e.ll this has happened

Thanks
    01-15-13 11:32 PM
    I have a blackberry bold 9000 and the battery has now become puffy and squishy (the only way to describe it) and wont fit into the phone, could someone tell me how the H.e.ll this has happened

Thanks
    Sounds like it has reached a point of breakdown, acquiring a replacement shouldn't be too terribly difficult. I've heard of this happening, more than a few times. It's time for a new one.

It could be from a bad charger, or battery overheating. Turn in the battery for recycling, and don't toss it in the trash, if you would, please. They do have some rather unpleasant chemicals in them.
    01-16-13 01:58 AM
    Hey there
    I had the same problem. It started with the battery barely holding 4 hours (JM-1 for my Bold 9900. I replaced it and realized its barely slightly puffy, so I stopped using it
    Today, to my surprise, after leaving the battery for over 4 months on my table (no direct sunlight or heat source) I realized its so puffy its gonna explode. Check the pics. I haven't touched or recharged it for 4 months or so. So weird!
    Battery issues *PLEASE HELP*-img_00000094.jpg
    Battery issues *PLEASE HELP*-img_00000095.jpg

Posted via CB10
    06-02-13 03:55 PM
    Probably due to charging and using the handset on 3G at the same time. The battery charging creates some heat, magnified by the heat from the internals. Also, playing youtube videos while on 3G creates a huge drain which I would suspect causes bloating as well.

Which would mean streaming youtube videos on 3G while charging has to be avoided.
    06-16-13 02:39 AM