Hey,
    I am hoping someone can solve my issue, I have tried everything. I have a Bold 9700 from att currently running OS 5 bundle 1607. This issue started back in February while I was running the official OS 6 from att. At first it was fine then dead battery in 5 to 6 hours, reloaded OS 6 and it solved the problem for like 3 weeks then back to quick battery drain. Figured it had to be from OS 6 downgraded and wonderful battery life came back. Now my phone is doing it again this time with OS 5. No applications have changed other than the usual upgrades, phone usage is consistent, and I have tried switching to a new battery. What would cause this? It can't be right to have to reload the OS every few months. I always talk highly of BB's battery life, now I am rethinking that since it can't make it through a day of work just sitting in my pocket. I have also decreased the backlight and time out as low as it can go.

Here is some more detailed phone info:
    Bold 9700
    File Free: 121134424
    Application Memory free: 115.5MB

Thanks,
    -Bill
    07-13-11 05:42 AM
    Maybe you could try a higher release of OS 5? OS 6 has this "bug" even sometimes in the newest releases that loses track of the battery meter, making it seem like it died right away. You need to either reboot the device, or do a battery pull, to correct the readout.

On OS 5, I haven't used that one in so long, but have you actually tried an extended battery? Did you reload the OS using apploader, or just use DM to downgrade? Try using Apploader, or maybe BBSAK to wipe (backup first!) Then reload the OS using bbsak. Remember to delete the vendor.xml file if you do try another OS 5/6 leak or official carrier-supported build.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-13-11 05:58 AM
    Thanks, Yeah i used DM to downgrade, maybe i'll give BBSAK a try, never used it before. Will it run on a mac? I see you are running OS 6, any tricks you have to free memory, when i used it I had less than 30MB free and constant hour glass.

Thanks again
    07-13-11 06:40 AM
    Thanks, Yeah i used DM to downgrade, maybe i'll give BBSAK a try, never used it before. Will it run on a mac? I see you are running OS 6, any tricks you have to free memory, when i used it I had less than 30MB free and constant hour glass.

Thanks again
    You'll need to use a friend's or spare PC to use BBSAK. Since using OS 6, I used BB BOSS to shrink it, directly on the phone. Remember to uncheck anything you don't want shrinken out using bb boss. On apploader (which BBSAK launches), make sure anything you use, is checked prior to loading it up.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-13-11 06:43 AM
    Great thanks for the info. If this OS reload I did doesn't solve my issue, I will Definitely give this a try.
    07-13-11 06:48 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD