07-24-13 02:18 AM
39 12
tools
    9900/7.0.0.353 I used different chargers my 9700 my 9800 even a car charger... A battery pull fixes it though.. It tells me that some usb hubs doesn't charge try using a different hub.. Another note is that whenever it does the my pc doesn't detect it too...

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    What you just described exactly is what I am going through... Im gonna downgrade it and try... to see this problem persists!
    09-18-11 03:01 AM
    God! it just the software my friends SOFTWARE roll back to 261 and you are right 353 sucks at battery best one for me was 277
    BTW I just waiting for a new battery next month an a software update
    Opps! Ya, gonna uninstall this 353 OS! =p

So you are using 277?
    09-18-11 03:02 AM
    What you just described exactly is what I am going through... Im gonna downgrade it and try... to see this problem persists!
    tell me your feedback after u try the downgrade pls
    09-18-11 07:59 PM
    tell me your feedback after u try the downgrade pls
    Oh! So far I don't have that same issue of having to reboot to resume normal charging... thanks mate!
    doughboyy likes this.
    09-19-11 02:47 AM
    Anyone else seeing this on their device? It's the same icon you see when the device is plugged in and the battery is fully charged, where there's a black plug inside the battery icon itself. The difference here is that the battery icon itself is not a full solid white, but a partially full battery icon.

I can't seem to pinpoint when this happens, but it has happened while the device is sitting on the desk and I receive a BBM. At this point the battery stops charging and I have to disconnect/reconnect to get it to start charging again. I've gone through .353 and now .362 with no "fix". I'm wondering if this is happening to anyone else or do I have a defective device?
    It happens to me too. I think its not a bug or hardware issue,
    In my opinion based on experience this icon means that the blackberry using outsource power not battery,it change automatic when the system have a lot of load that make the processor run faster and consume more energy than the input power energy. It will switch back to flashing icon when the blackbery went idle,u can proved it by switching off the the mobile network connection,and close all application, no need to restrat,then let it idle for a while,taadaa..the flash icon showing!!..the plug icon will show again though when the charging its complete,i supposed its mean that the blackberry is not using batterys energy to save the batterys life so the batt can live longer.. But it just my opinion,i've search google and RIM not make any statement about this issue,just have to wait,. If u try my theory please reply,i wonder if it works.thanks.

Last edited by odoacer; 10-08-11 at 01:49 PM.
    dimm0k likes this.
    10-08-11 01:45 PM
    In my opinion based on experience this icon means that the blackberry using outsource power not battery,it change automatic when the system have a lot of load that make the processor run faster and consume more energy than the input power energy. It will switch back to flashing icon when the blackbery went idle,u can proved it by switching off the the mobile network connection,and close all application, no need to restrat,then let it idle for a while,taadaa..the flash icon showing!!..the plug icon will show again though when the charging its complete,i supposed its mean that the blackberry is not using batterys energy to save the batterys life so the batt can live longer.. But it just my opinion,i've search google and RIM not make any statement about this issue,just have to wait,. If u try my theory please reply,i wonder if it works.thanks.

Hrmm, interesting! Been rebooting lately because of app installs so I haven't seen this issue lately, but I'm sure it's bound to happen. I was wondering myself if there was a way to "fix"/work around this, but I wasn't able to get it to happen lately to try anything. Thanks for your time in writing out your theory, I'll be sure to try it when this happens to me again and will post here. Question though, how long did you let it idle before it fixed itself?
    10-08-11 02:13 PM
    The black plug appears on the Full Charge White Background when the battery has a full charge but is ALSO PLUGGED IN to a power source. If you see the black plug and remove any cables from the phone, the black plug will disappear...and return if you plug the phone into a source of power again while you still have the full charge.
    It usually takes my phone 6-7 hours to fully charge, and that ;ast few percent takes probably 1/3 of that charge time.

I the get 2 full Work Days (7 am to 9 pm) with constant phone, text & email. I turn it off over night as I do not want to be bothered. If I need to leave the phone on overnight I go into Bedside Mode and I sill get about 36 straight hours of battery life.

Great phone...way better than my Storm ever was. Very happy. Only thing missing is a native HOTSPOT software.
    I understand why RIM didn't include it as it mildly coerces people into getting a Playbook...but really? RIM should have considered how many more people would have bought this phone instead of the Iphone if it DID have Hotspot capabilities. The proof of this statement is how many people still DIDN'T buy the playbook but are searching for a hotspot solution.

RIM...always the bridesmaid but never the bride.
    I find this hard to believe, that sounds like you're talking about a 9780. I can't see how 99xx can achieve this. You must be the lightest user ever.

Do you have any screen shoots? If this is true then I need to return my phone and try again.
    10-08-11 04:25 PM
    I let it idle 15-30 second.. Btw i wonder what app u mean can make it dissappear?

10-08-11 09:10 PM

Thanks odoacer, it worked!! Battery was running low this morning and so I connected it to the computer to charge temporarily and to get some stuff off of the device. After I was done, it switched the charging source to the cube charger and the unfilled battery/plug icon appeared! I remembered your post so I turned off wi-fi and the radio and let it sit there. Shortly afterward it went back to charging!! Thanks for this again! Now to find an answer as to why the device doesn't always charge to 100%...

BTW I noticed in MeterBerry that when I got the unfilled battery/plug icon the app said the battery was "charged"... so something is telling the device the battery is full even though it isn't!
    10-11-11 12:13 PM
    I'm running 7.1.0.284 and I'm experiencing the same issue.
    03-17-12 10:54 PM
    I've had this issue when i charged my 9900 with either my car charger or one of my two wall chargers for aslong as i have had my 9900. I recently updated my device from 7.1.0.267 to 7.1.0.342 and this issue has seemingly dissapeared.

The 9900 now charges to 100% with the chargers that it would previously stop at ~90%.

***So far looks like updating to 7.1.0.342 has solved this issue!!
    04-01-12 12:07 AM
    261 277 296 that versions didn't do that..
    Please specify what u mean by this 261,277. Is it platform or version. I have bold 9700 and it's platform is 6.6.0.236 and it's version is 6.0.0.668(2949) and am having this same problem of black bolt showing up and doesn't charge my phone please what do I do explain clearly
    07-01-13 12:07 PM
    Please specify what u mean by this 261,277. Is it platform or version. I have bold 9700 and it's platform is 6.6.0.236 and it's version is 6.0.0.668(2949) and am having this same problem of black bolt showing up and doesn't charge my phone please what do I do explain clearly
    This thread is a year and a half old and was referring to OS 7 OS's for teh 9900/9930 !!!

You are in the wrong forum for your 9700.

Try posting in here:

http://forums.crackberry.com/blackberry-bold-9700-f146/
    07-01-13 12:12 PM
    Hello everyone
    I am facing issue with battery icon it never turns full solid no matter how long I charge it. When the battery reaches 75% the charging icon disappear.
    It's the same icon you see when the device is plugged in and the battery is fully charged, where there's a black plug inside the battery icon itself
    Any clue???

OS version 10.1.0.1720
    Software release 10.1.0.273
    Model no. STL100-1
    07-24-13 02:18 AM
39 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD